Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 04:02:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Skids given right to chose?

Started by step_momma_to_2boys, Apr 30, 2007, 02:15:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

step_momma_to_2boys

I am trying to think of what is best for both ss.  While keeping them together is obviously the first choice, that doesn't mean that them being apart is going to be detrimental to them.  They would both be getting more individual attention from the parent that they each relate to the best.  That was what I was trying to say about them living apart.  And it wouldn't necessarily mean forever either.  I was moreso thinking of it as a trial period.

backwardsbike

I had two kids to my X then divorced.  I remarried and had two more kids to my Dh.  The sibs all bonded and had a spell where thefirst two lived with us when the thrid was born.  They were so close it was almost scary.  But the court gave no consideration at all to the younger kid's best interest or even to the bon the older kids had to theyounger ones.  That never seemed right.

Now the older two are PAS'ed and no longer visit- as of the last month- but its the younger ones who cry for thier older sibs.  its a fractured realtionship tha will never be given the chance to heal.  And i find that incredibly sad since I am an only child and longed for sibs and still do.