Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 12:27:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

another question

Started by LTaylor71, May 15, 2007, 12:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistoffolees

>
>Contact an attorney.  If your ex's family will testify, I
>think that you would have a very good chance.

My attorney and I discussed this topic. In her experience, it is almost never possible to get an ex's family to testify against him/her. They might agree to, but when it comes to sittting on the stand facing their family member, they almost always forget everything.

In the very rare cases where it actually works, it's usually because a good deposition was taken in advance to 'remind them' of what they stated earlier.

But I wouldn't count on it.

Davy

Please explain your post.

Jade

>
>Please explain your post.

Sure, here is the part of your post that I responded to:

>BTW, if you think what you described as neglect and/or abuse
>then .....

What the Original poster described is abuse.  And if you don't think it is, then.........

Really wasn't that complicated.

mistoffolees

>>
>>Please explain your post.
>
>Sure, here is the part of your post that I responded to:
>
>>BTW, if you think what you described as neglect and/or abuse
>
>>then .....
>
>What the Original poster described is abuse.  And if you don't
>think it is, then.........
>
>Really wasn't that complicated.
>

His position was pretty clear. He apparently doesn't think it's true or it's blown out of proportion in order to try to gain custody via fraud (not to mention misleading this group).

That points out one of the major weakness of this group - you hear only one side of a story and there's nothing to stop someone from spinning things their way - or outright lying. When they compound that by starting a new thread and conveniently forgetting to mention the stuff that might be harmful to their case (as she apparently did), it gets worse.

All you can do is always allow for the fact that the OP may be lying. That's what he did.