Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:38:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Kitty's husband.....

Started by MixedBag, Feb 09, 2015, 05:44:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MixedBag

was in a really bad accident last week.  And I know we don't post personal stuff here -- much -- but she could really use some positive vibes, prayers, good karma, or whatever else floats your boat -- right now so that her husband has a speedy recovery.  Not life threatening but he'll need surgeries (notice that's plural).....and she's helped so many here, it's time we do what we can to help her back.

tigger

The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

MixedBag

7 hours of surgery later (5 were predicted) and he is out -- long road to recovery, but the doctor's gave her and him tons of hope for a full one.

brwneyedmom

That is good news. I hope for speedy and uneventful recovery for him and for lots of strength and patience for her.

Kitty C.

MB, I cannot even begin to thank you for posting this here!  And we appreciate the prayers and concern!

DH was involved in a snowmobile accident last Friday...the sled dropped into a ditch that he didn't see coming and he went over the handle bars, which hit him in the pelvis.  He has a lateral fracture of the pelvis, with right worse than left.  In surgery, they put in 7-8 screws and a plate in the right hip socket and one screw in the left.  And he had one of the best orthopedic surgeons at one of the top Tier III research hospitals in the midwest.   :)

They give him a good prognosis, but it's going to be a long haul, with rehab next.  At this point, I don't believe there will be anymore surgeries....unless he messes something up while rehabbing!  But I don't expect him to be back to work for months.  He works for a railroad, so he needs to be as close to 100% as possible before they can take him back.

So my time here will be sporadic at best for some time to come.  We have a 'new normal' to live by.   :)   Thank you all again for your concern!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

MixedBag

Rehab away!!!  Priorities and life changes sometimes and ya know, THAT's ok!!!!  I was happy to read that both the boys were there with you in the hospital while he was in surgery.  10 years ago -- that might not have happened which is why we all found each other here.

Keep us posted!

Kitty C.

OMG, MB!!!  I HAVE to tell you this!  SS and his new wife were up to see DH the day after the accident and, as they were leaving, SS said he would be back the next day.....and that his mother (BM) wanted to come see DH, too!  DH and I both did a double take!  Then DH said 'Bring a rope!'   ;D (He certainly still has his sense of humor!)  She did come with SS the next day, but she only said hi and didn't say a word the rest of the time until they said goodbye....it may have had something to do with DH's folks being there at the same time!  ;)

Then SS told us this past weekend that BM wanted to give us (or more specifically ME) something.  Along with her FT job, she works PT at the deli at the grocery store in town and she gave us a $25 gift card and a menu.....that all I have to do is call ahead and pick it up, since I may not have time to make anything for myself!  THAT just blew me away!!

Yes, time has a funny way of changing things.....you wouldn't know that as little as 10 years ago, I would have expected the Earth to split wide open if this would have happened, ROTFLMAO!!!!

Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

ocean

Glad he is okay and on the way back to healing. We just came back from wayyyy upstate NY and saw lanes specifically for snowmobiles on the roads, we never saw that before. We have had snow here consistently this winter but roads get cleared to road so no one uses snowmobiles. Crazy accident! Praying for a full recovery.

Good lord, PB came into the hospital room? What in the world??? LOLOL   

MixedBag