Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 10:44:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

how to terminate guardianship???

Started by Boogersmomma, Apr 21, 2015, 08:59:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MixedBag

and if you don't mind....what state are you in?  Probate is not the normal court for this....hmmmm....please remember none of here are attorneys -- just other parents who have gone through the wringer in different ways.  BUT been here helping others, reading their stories, and doing the best we can.

Davy

Again, Boogersmomma, it is important to note that we are not attorneys and that practices are different from state to state and each of our life experiences are also different.  In addition, we do not know your enviroment so take all of our responses as suggestions or recomendations in support of your endeavors FOR YOUR CHILD.

In my opinion, Booger has been kidnapped and your parental rights have been terminated thru a manipulation of state/county  social policies and statues (ie Probate).  In essence, a form of child abuse.  Gaining guardianship was probably a matter of filing a simple form in the county Probate office claiming the child / mamma  were indigent or some like verbage (ie drugs, bad life choices, etc).  A county attorney (free) likely handled all the legalese.

I would PROBABLY create a document with the title "Affidavit in support of termination of the guardianship of (child's name)" followed by a narrative of the reasons for termination.  Emphasize that children are  best served in the full custody of a parent without interference of non parents.  Note how Booger is currently acting out and if you think it is necessary include narrative of how you have changed your life.  Personally, I think it best NOT to critisize yout mother or her husband.  At the same time I would have a separate document "additional Affidavitt" detailing the irrational gameship and abuses.  Present this document if you deem necessary (which it probably will be).   Your primary objective is on the well being of Booger.

Boogermamma, you have presented yourself very well in your posts and you could use much of this narrative when presenting for Booger.

In brief, I am writing this for my daughter.  Once upon a time, I received a notification that she (age 16) had been put up for adoption in  Illinois probate.  When I contacted the court from Tx the county administer/judge told me the letter was just a formality that I had no rights.  Very pointedly, I told him to advise the county attorney that he will stop this proceeding if he wanted to keep his law license.  And "him" also.  Your situation has not reached this level so just keep your cool and focus.

BTW, there was a 2.5 year absent for my kids and we handled all the BS .... like you, I had been the involved and nuturing parent so all will likely be good once you get the government interference out of your lives.     

Boogersmomma

MixedBag, I live in the state of Missouri. Family Services have never been involved, and I still maintain my parental rights. Thank you so much Davy for your input.