Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 01:46:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Temporary Orders for Parenting Time of Newborn in AZ

Started by chilli123, Apr 29, 2015, 10:17:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chilli123

So assuming she sticks around the first 8 weeks I will be shooting for frequent visits of short duration. 3 to 4 days a week 2-4 hours per visit with me and babies big brother. Sound right?

9-12 weeks (maternity leave should be ending soon) I can start taking baby on day trips up to 8 hours(??) to see my family and also our house. Baby can start napping with me at our house.

Weeks 13 to ?? Mother will be back to 12 hour shifts 3 x per week so I should be able to start getting overnights? Or is that to soon?

ocean

Ask your lawyer how/when (not yet) to get a restraining order for her to stay in the state until court is over. This will force her to stay. Court will always be by you and not switch to her new state if she did go. Let your lawyer know that you will not settle until there is a parenting plan set up and to do whatever it takes (postpone next hearing and then file new paperwork to add custody).

Look online for infant parenting schedules. Look up your state recommended parenting plans. Looks like you will need a detailed plan. Exact days/times/ and how visits will work. You have some time to look it up and take what you need from each plan. Eventually, you want a plan that has summers, holidays, birthdays, father's day, sibling and dad birthday -all with dates/times.

If you are willing to move and that is an option, then that is a great negotiating item for you but right now if court is on-going at birth than she can be forced to stay in home state. You can allow the move, sell the house but then you get xyz. I would also look up her new state and see how they enforce out of state orders.

Another option is to ask right now for court ordered co-parenting class or counseling that you attend together. This will force you both to talk in a room without lawyers and a counselor to oversee the session and start talking about co-parenting.

chilli123

I have to be careful with the things I ask for or I may be ordered to pay her attys fees. AZ Law gives a lot of lattitude for the judge to award this so if they think I am being unreasonable they are required to fine and/or award legal costs. That would not be good. My lawyer has been really understanding and also seems to listen to what I am saying so I believe he is on board with protecting me from that. I will run these scenarios and suggestions by him to see what he thinks is possible.

I am just trying to stay focused on the baby and putting myself in the best possible position to help raise him or her. If I can't combine the two issues I guess I will just have to adjust my plan as it happens. I have a list of state sponsored parenting classes and co-parenting classes I am going to take this summer. CPR and first aid are also on the agenda.

Since I have been accused of being alcoholic, and therefore unfit parent, by mother #2 I decided it best to not drink at all during this ordeal. Hopefully this prevents any misunderstandings about who I am and what is important to me. Thinking about enrolling in a drug and alcohol testing center at the local blood lab so I can give samples daily and have verifiable record that I am not an alcoholic. Not sure how much that would cost but I don't know how else I can rebut an accusations like that?

I lose a lot of sleep over this. This message board, my son, counseling sessions, and running are the only things that seem to help me cope everyday so I do appreciate it more than you know.