Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 09:06:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Did not sign agreement

Started by dipper, May 26, 2015, 02:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipper

We went to see our attorney today and did not sign the agreement that has been signed by the other side.  After complaining that the agreement was not right for weeks, the other side finally signed after making two tweaks.  One was very minor and unnecessary so that was not an issue.  However, the second change they made was not caught at first glance by any of us.  But, I took the agreement and compared it line by line with what was sent to them.   For us, our full week of visitation states from 3rd Saturday at 10 a.m. to following Saturday at 10 a.m.  (they left that).

But, then when it came to their full week of visitation..they changed Saturday to Friday - stating 4th Friday at 10:00 a.m. to following Sunday at 10 a.m.   We agreed to the Sunday in court...no one ever mentioned taking a Friday away from us. 

This had to be a purposeful change as our attorney had sent the agreement to them in a Word Document through email.   

Also, after all the complaints that the order was wrong and did not include Mother's day...they did not add that into the order.   

tigger

And I would say that technically it is they who did not sign the agreement as they made a significant change (giving her more overnights and likely tipped the "residential custody scale" in her favor) and did not sign the agreement as stated in court.  I really hate game playing. 

Good idea to read it line by line.  I would suggest next time sending it as a pdf so changes can't be made quite so easily (although those are editable now).
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

dipper

I had not thought of that Tigger!  Yes, it is a game I believe.  Had we not caught it, it would have came into play shortly anyway.  Right now, it's a stall.   Later, it would have been back to court under a show cause - as the times contradicted each other.   

I feel everything with them is just a game.  She had even posted something on her wall about if you play with her she is going to show you how the game is played and wrote above it "damn right".   

She claimed the agreement did not contain many major factors that it did contain.  I really get tired of lies and games.