Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:20:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Back on Docket

Started by dipper, Jun 19, 2015, 08:33:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipper

We had went to court on April 7th and an agreement was reached without a trial.   It took our attorney 2 weeks to send typed agreeement to other side and it took them 3 weeks to return it signed, but they had made a change giving them more time  and we did not sign.  It was sent back to them. 

Today, we got a summons where the court itself has placed it back on the docket since an agreement has not been received.   I really am not happy with my attorney, but I do not have the upfront money for a retainer for another attorney.   I am considering asking for a guardian ad litem - which I was against at first as it seemed unnecessary, but I think a GAL would look over all the videos, FB posts, and such we have where a judge may not. 

MixedBag

Yes, the rules of evidence to show a GAL are not as strict as bringing evidence into a courtroom.

Good luck!

When is court?

And go review that physical file down at the courthouse.

dipper

The new date is set for July 28th, but when I called the attorney's office I was told that he cannot possibly do that day.   The clerk was kind of taken back that the court did not try to set up a date with the attorneys.  But, true for my attorney - I was told by the clerk he would call me back this afternoon and I never heard anything...he had "just stepped out" when I called.

Since the mother has moved and not provided notice of the new physical address to the court, I think there may be a delay in everyone getting served anyway.

MixedBag