Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 07:05:31 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mentally Drained...Requesting Records from State and Fed

Started by tantalus33, Dec 13, 2015, 08:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tantalus33

After reviewing the Ark State Child Enforcement Manual, the Request for Administrative Hearing, I see it's not applicable for amounts disputed with support. So Im going to have to request Administrative Review. This may explain the states no response to my Hearing request. Regardless, I did receive a email from my case worker that she credited my account for the amount from 2008' they said I never paid..$3,460.00. However there is no credit on my payment history and the amounts remain unchanged. The tax refund offset remains in place for an additional 4000.00 over and above the amount in error.
I cant even retrieve but 6 months of my recent payment history and even those months are all jacked up. Therefore Im seeking correct protocol to request all my court orders and payment history from the state and federal registry. Does anyone know how to go about this? This is absolutely the most jacked up, moronic case of record interpretation and communication from the state that I have ever in my life experienced. I feel helpless with no means of vindicating myself. If I had the money I'd take this to the highest court in the land.
The Constitution , it's all we need

ocean

1, Can you contact your CS worker directly to see why it is not showing up on your account?
2. File yourself in family court a modification of child support so they will schedule a hearing. At the hearing ask for the judge to recalculate past amounts and court order new amount and release the tax offset notice.
3. Make LOTS of copies of that letter you received and send another registered letter to child support with a copy of that letter stating you should be credited xx amount and want a letter to release the tax offset.

Takes time though....many times 2 months each time for each letter to get a response but if you say you are asking for hearing yourself to resolve they usually move faster. You can always drop the hearing if they follow through.

MixedBag

I agree with Ocean in particular about the two pronged approach.

Sometimes -- even if you don't want to -- you gotta file in court and ask for a hearing which can be dropped IF the matter is resolved.

That logic applies beyond dealing with Child Support....ya know?

tantalus33

Ocean, thank you for your reply. Just opened a letter from Little Rock, a reply from my Administrative Hearing which I enclosed a copy of the Cashiers Check for the amount I was ordered to pay in 2008. I also enclosed a copy of the petition/order which stated the amount I would pay before August 2008. Everything plain as freaking day! The State's response: after reviewing your case we see that you owe 2,426.00." They didnt even comment on the copy of the check i sent nor a copy of the petition filed against me in 2008. Both of which clearly shows my innocence.  The amount didnt even reflect the attorney fees from my ex, bringing the judgement to 3,163.00 I paid her 3, 460.00. So, they couldn't even get that right. Yet a day before the state mailed the letter I get a email from my local office saying they'd credited my account for 3,460.00!!! A week has passed and no records showing the credit. WTF!
The only thing I can do is take off work fly to Arkansas, pay my attorney and take the state to court. What a waste of time and money I dont have to prove I'm innocent! Can I sue the state for my attorney fees? Why after all these years has the state all of a sudden said I havn't paid this? The court ordered me to pay by august 2008 and I paid it in full in May 2008! God help me keep my sanity.

tantalus33

Hi MB, I'm just done. All my X has to do is cooperate with me and tell the state she received my payment in 08' along with the proof. But since she hasn't allowed me to even talk to my daughter in over a year, blocked me from facebook, changed my daughter's number. Turned my child against me, whats the point. I'm sick of being treated like a monster. I lost my job in Ark, moved back to florida to start a new life for my daughter. I counselled my child , talked to her explained to her what I had to do to provide enough income to survive and she was happy for me and excited that she'd have a place here in fla near disney world to visit. The day I moved was the last time I was able to see or talk to her. I have no child now , have no connection and I feel lost without her.  Yes, I will contact the office directly Monday, and hear a verbal explanation. I hate confrontation and my emotions gets in the way of my thought process but I'll try. Left handed thing.

ocean

The state will not just change it if your ex called up so that won't work.
Can you file a petition online and send it in to the courts for a court date and on the petition write "petitioner is requesting a telephone hearing as he lives out of state".
Is the issue between the two states? Sometimes homestate may get it right but the new state who is collecting has it wrong....?

tantalus33

Good idea Ocean. I will investigate all avenues associated with online filing. The problem rests in Little Rock Registry of Records. The petition which has caused all this havoc is there and since the order stated that all payments hence forth from 2008 should go thru Ark OCSE, my first payment was given to the custodial parent in form of a Cashiers Check. My blooming moronic fault. That was half a dozen petitions back. Regardless, just because my payment isnt in their registry doesnt mean it never happened. Its this the state cannot and will not understand or accept. If they'd just spend two minutes on this and open their eyes it would be quite clear. Thank you again Ocean Ill get on it now.

MixedBag

Which means you have ONE more petition to file.....and then one more when the child emancipates.