Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:16:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Need Help with Show Cause - ASAP

Started by dipper, Dec 20, 2015, 08:43:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ocean

Dance class starts here at 2 so that is normal. Be careful how much you fight this, I have seen many many orders state all parties will take child to activities. On the flip side, many times a parent signs the child up on purpose to interfere. Your situation in unique but when child is school age, something will have to change with this schedule.

We took kids to their activities but if it interfered with our family time then the kids missed that week. When they are younger this is fine but as they get older and on competitive teams and activities that rely on attendance then their activities have to take more of importance.

For now, text mom "I understand you want to sign xx up for dance class but due to the current schedule maybe a mother/child class would be better so you can bring her on your days. As xx gets closer to school age, we will work together so she can join school/community activities"

Also do you have anything about who pays for activities?

dipper

I know activities will occur as she gets older, but I feel this is just to interfere as there is no rush - she is only 2.   Also, in order for us to take her to a 45 minute dance class would require a 2 hour round trip and that is a lot on a child her age.   There is nothing in the order about who pays fees.

Mother has filed a show cause against which was received today saying we denied her medical records and honest communication.  I have phone recordings and texts showing I notified her when child was sick - and I cannot deny her medical access to records.   I don't have that authority.

She also filed saying I refused to return child - she is referring to when she got out of hospital.  I never told the grandmother I would not return child, though I was frustrated with their games and short notice; I took the sick child to the exchange location and have proof of this.   

She also said we distract child during her phone calls.....the child plays.  We try to not say a word during those conversations but the mother always keeps asking to speak to us.   When we call child, the mother talks the entire time and refuses to allow child to hold phone.  We have numerous calls recorded to prove this.

I feel it is more a tit-for-tat thing as in...we will have proof against them but they are coming in making accusations to try to make it look like we have disobeyed order as well.  We have not....seriously, I go by the order.   

MixedBag

"Mother has filed a show cause against which was received today saying we denied her medical records and honest communication.  I have phone recordings and texts showing I notified her when child was sick - and I cannot deny her medical access to records.   I don't have that authority."

Well, on this one -- you figured out that you "inadvertently" do....and didn't mean to.

Let mom file and pursue, go to court and prove her wrong....and let her get her a$$ chewed.  This is petty stuff and the judge needs to shut her down for filing frivolous contempt charges.

If I remember you have an attorney, counter file for attorney's fees.   Sometimes when they get stuck with the bill they will think twice about filing frivolous motions again.

dipper

Thank you.  We actually had told our attorney we were pursuing show cause on our own - when we filed.   I could not keep building fees with him and would not want him in another custody fight, so figured I might as well cut the cord.   This will be our first time actually appearing and presenting in front of the judge as before it was all agreements.

We did get child's records from another hospital today that the mother took her to - since it was the ER, she did not have to sign a HIPPA.  But, she does have a  PO Box listed and never gave us this updated information.   

MixedBag

Since it was the ER?  HUH?  I just had my grandson at the ER....HIPPA forms were done.  Again....I guess it's just potentially different when it seems like it should be the same across the board....ugh.