Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 08:45:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Clerk of court

Started by dipper, Jan 06, 2016, 01:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipper

Hi - just wondered....from my experience in the past with the clerks of the court, you have to fill out all information on your form yourself. 

The summons I got today - there were no case numbers on it by the plaintiff and they did not even fill out our address.   That just does not seem right to me...

ocean

Was there a cover letter stating court but date/time in a envelope that has return address as court? Sometimes the number is not filled in..usually the file number is on it but the case number comes after you go.  Here you can do it yourself but the courts have to okay it and put cover letter on it or we have an office that helps type it up for you.

dipper

Yes, the actual cover piece is typed by court and sent out - and that had the right information filled out.

I am actually a little worried because I discovered that I did mess up.  When I took child to an urgent care in December, it was the first time.  I took a copy of the court order and they scanned that into system, so I thought that covered access for all 5 of us on the order as having rights.  But, when I was doing the privacy statement I just said me and my husband could call - cause it's not like she is going over there on a regular basis, and figured we would not be calling anyway. 

Evidently, the mother called and was denied information on the phone is all I can figure - she is saying I denied medical access.  She never told me she had called and never asked me to correct this.   I talked to a lady at the office that said that even though the order is on file, if she called they would have went straight to the privacy act.  It's doubtful she went over, as I don't think they could have denied her if she was standing there with a court order. 

All I know to do is go and redo the privacy act, hopefully get a screenshot of the order showing I turned it in (and was mistaken as to that providing access), and hope the fact that I gave her all information and was never told she was denied access will help me.   

ocean

Yes you need to correct this and always put down her info as well. This is almost like when mother's don't fill father info on school forms.

dipper

I corrected it this afternoon.  Only thing the office could give me - other than a print out of corrected form, was a letter stating that I had turned in the court order on the date child received services and it was the only time the child had been seen.   My mistake did block the mother from getting information over the phone.   It did not prevent her from going to the office with her order and getting anything she wanted.  Plus, I have texts where she had asked me to let her know the lab results and I told her I would (and did)..then she called the doctor's office and filed a show cause.  The child was sick 42 hours..and I spent a total of seven days with numerous text messages, phone calls, and she called both doctor's offices.....

In my opinion, this is a case of just because you have the right does not necessarily mean you should....