Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 01:31:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

First steps in complicated situation

Started by Wolverinefan19, Feb 05, 2016, 05:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolverinefan19

So, long story short....had supervised visits ordered in Florida because I wasn't doing so great as a father. I moved to South Carolina got my stuff together, ex wife moved to Kentucky and moved in with my family because she didn't have a job. I have been paying child support and want to revisit the visitation issue. Do I file in the state I'm currently in? How do I do that? What am I filing for? Etc.....help please

MixedBag

How long has she been in Kentucky?

IF over 6 months, file a motion to have it moved to the child's county and also a separate motion to increase parenting time due to a "significant change in circumstances".

Then search the site here for a proposed parenting plan that slowly increases your child's time with you. 

ocean

Your choices are to file back in Fla or have KY take over case if child has been there at least 6 months. Fla keeps jurisdiction until it is moved to another court. It never goes to the new state of father unless child lives there too.

Can you do this out of court? Will he allow visits in KY supervised or at a public place. Meet at a park and she stays there but you take child and play or library or restaurant? See child a few hours each day you are there and start a relationship. Mail packages. Skype phone calls and use social media to make contact depending on age of child.

You still have the supervised time that FLA gave you so what does that say ? You can send a letter to ex telling her you would like to start up the supervised parenting time again and see what she says. How old is child?