Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 23, 2024, 12:34:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

how serious is suicidal tendencies in custody?

Started by falsely accused, Feb 17, 2008, 04:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

falsely accused

My wife has had recurring suicidal thoughts.  she has borderline traits, not sure if she is one yet, maybe.

I know they say women always get custody.   My wife does have a good bond with the children, and she is actually able and productive.  But she has something mentally wrong that I am not sure how to explain.  

Not sure if her suicidal thoughts and tendencies will be a serious issue against her.   I am kind of hoping it is so it will help me.   But, I know that there are always a lot of factors involved.  

She will try to blame me and say I was mean to her.  But in fact, she was suicidal before we married.   I was sometimes resentful of her when I saw that she had so many problems, so I know because I am not perfect, I did not help her issues.  

My proof is multiple written forms of these tendencies she has documented, emails, journal, etc....   Plus what I've seen.  She was sexually assualted.  I know that sometimes messes women up.  

gemini3

If you have proof that she's been threatening suicide, then you definitely should give that to your attorney.  

As to whether or not it's a serious enough issue to keep her from getting custody is a big question, and multiple factors will go into the answer.  

At the very least your attorney should request that a psychological evaluation be done to see whether or not she is mentally fit.  You will get the same tests though - so be prepared for that.

Also - you might try to be a little more empathetic.  Your statement about sexual assult "messing women up" comes of as quite callous.  Being sexually assulted "messes" men up too - but there isn't as much of that.  If she was sexually assulted she needs to get counseling to help her deal with the trauma.  Remember that, regardless of the fact that your relationship with her has ended, she is still the mother of your children.  Your children will be much better off if their mom is healthy, and you will be much better off too.  No matter who ends up getting custody.