Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 02:57:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

PA dad trying to get custody from wife and trying to get a divorce

Started by 1000lbgorilla, Mar 03, 2008, 12:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1000lbgorilla

I found out that my wife was having a affair last November after she ran off with the kids. she filed a PFA against me but is was thrown out, Then she moved in with her new guy and she did not want me to have any contact with the children so i had to file for custody. the day of the hearing she filed to get child support and tried to say that i was making way more money but that was caught right away. I now only get to see my kids every other weekend which i am very unhappy about. we have a temp order in place but she does not want to follow it she thinks that since she has primary custody that i have to beg her to do anything with them. when i call she turns the phone off so that i can not talk to them. I went to the courthouse and got contemp papers and i am in the process of filing them now. I had to fire my attorney since i followed what he told me to do but i feel like the state is punishing me for her having the affair and leaving the home. If any one has any ideas of what to do next please let me know i have no clue

1000lbgorilla

I have a new attorney that go and see this friday, so i want to see what he says first. But i want it as soon as possible just so i can be done with her. I have known her for over 20 years she was my high school sweet heart so this hurt all the more. Plus i know the guy she is with and he knows me. but everything happens for a reason i just have yet to find what the reason was. so what do you thing my chances are? I hope that i have a punchers chance for this to end in my favor

babyfat

One thing do not go for the no fault divorce or what ever they call it in your neck of the woods. Get the divorce on grounds of adultry and abandonment if you can. May take longer but will pay off in the end.
Do file the contemp charges against her you need to let her know right off that you will not kiss her butt and you intend to follow the court order to the letter. If you don't make a stand now you'll never win. Stand firm follow the court orders to the T and in the end you'll look better to the court. If she continues to not follow the order it will lead to a reduction of parenting time after a while. Let her hang herself.

1000lbgorilla

i will file for divorce on those grounds, she wants me to do the divorce outside the courts and just hire a attorney to finalize the divorce but i not going to do that. She took everything out of the house and she said that the only way that she will give me non-contested divorce is if i give up my rights to everything so since i not going to do this this will probably be a long process. As for my two kids i am going to the court this friday to file the contemp charges. She is just EVIL and CRAZY she was already under oath and she lied to the courts so i just want the court to see this and have her have to answer to it. She thinks by not talking to me that i will just go away like her first husband but i already told her that i will fight her to the end

gemini3

You're doing the right thing.  Fight hard from the start.  Don't give her a non-contested divorce.  Make sure you can prove, without a doubt, that she was having an affair.  Hire a private detective if you have to.

In my opinion, getting them to purjor themselves in court is the only way to counter all of the lies, etc.  Your lawyer will have to be good to set her up for it.

I'm sorry you're going through this.  My husbands ex left him for his best friend, and did all the same things that yours is doing now, and more.  It's not fun.  Don't give up.

1000lbgorilla

Wow his best friend. I went to boarding school and he was my roomate. Proving that she is having a affair will be easy she is living with him now. she even sold her rings and is now wearing a new wedding band to try and fake everyone out. So this is not something thst she is trying to hide. The only problem that i think that i will have is with our property she started to sell stuff on ebay but i already have a list of the things just hope that it is accepted in court. she thinks that i am just being petty but i want my stuff or half the value besides i do not want her new guy watching my 62inch tv:-)