Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:05:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Please think of us!

Started by dipper, Mar 20, 2017, 01:24:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipper

Tomorrow is the day!!  Going home to spend time with the little one....look over everything after she is in bed tonight.  Plan on getting up in the morning....going to the park to play with her.  Then to court later.

I can feel the anxiety growing....

If you pray - pray for us - especially that our grandchild be protected.  If you don't pray- think positive for us!!! 

MixedBag

Sending positive vibes for a good outcome!

dipper

Nothing changed.  Order is exactly as it was.  Very disappointed in the outcome.

ocean

Is that a final order or you go back again?

dipper

That is the judge's final decision.  Doesn't see a material change in circumstances.

tigger

Did the other side show up?
The wonderful thing about tiggers is I'm the only one!

dipper

The other side had a good attorney.  You could tell they had rehearsed every question and their answer.  They submitted texts trying to make me look hard to get along with as far as the mother telling me what to do.  They had fluff but nothing that showed any impact on child.  Mom and grandma lied a lot... Often stating we said bad things that they had actually said.  Quick to point out I am only a stepgrandma.

Our attorney would never even tell us exactly what he was presenting.  There was no question prepping at all and no follow up during questioning.  I feel we left out a lot.  He was solely relying on the dirty house pics to win the case.    Of course they painted her as completely competent.

The judge did say we have completely equal ground as parents because the other side questioned that.  Even as a stepgrandma I have as much rights as everyone.  She said it is clear that neither parent is able to take care of child without support.  But she did not see a material change in circumstances.

We can appeal but I do not see it doing any good.  I would not want the same attorney.  We have picked two bad attorneys....This one had seemed to know his stuff but he replied too heavily on her living in filth.  He did not go after her poor choices with friends and drinking.  He did not even attempt to get her medical files entered...I had stressed to him to show her poor choices were prevalent but he only focused on four months....