Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 05:49:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

International Custody

Started by mdewhurstuk, Mar 25, 2008, 07:36:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdewhurstuk

Hello

This is first a enquiry and hope you can help.

First of all i am a British citizen who is currently living in Belgium Gent which is also the place i was married. I have been married for 2 years and lived in Belgium for 3 years.

In the last few months i have taken a job to go back to the UK and work. I had told my wife a few years ago that i wouldnt stay in Belgium long term and she always accepted this but now there is been a change of heart.

She says now she doesnt want to leave and talks also about divorce a lot. E.G if you go back to england you will be divorced and you wont see you son "who is just 3 months old".

My questions is in such a example me living in UK and her living in Belgium what are the visits i would get to see my son?

Also how would we manage the cost of this? Am i expected to pay support for my son and also pay for all the visitation costs?

I have also one other serious question - my wife has Multiple Sclirosis and i am worried that she wont be able to take care of my son if she takes the decision to divorce me and look after the son alone. What happens to my son if she becomes fully disabled ? She says she will ask her family to take custody of our son but i think it should be me.

I am quite nervous as i feel my wife is just waiting for me to start my new work and then tell me she wants a divorce, whilist i am in the UK.

I would just like to know what rights i have and where i stand. I just want to stay a father to my boy but feel my wife is using him to pressure me.

Thanks in advance Michael