Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 04:45:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Time in Ruling

Started by dipper, Nov 06, 2017, 01:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipper

Has anyone experienced a lengthy delay in a ruling on a custody case?  Our case was heard three weeks ago - it took 12 hours in one day.  Closing arguments were sent in by email three days later.  GAL was in our favor (grandparents).   We crossed the parental presumption hurdle.  I have no idea what can be taking this long - we are only told that the judge is backed up and very careful in her rulings.  I am very stressed at this point. 

ocean

Can be few weeks. You can call the clerk office each day and see if you can pick up the ruling so you do not have to wait for the mail. Some states have it computerized (not my state so we go pick it up) and can see when a ruling is made by logging into online account. Let us know the outcome....Sometimes lawyers see the judge and they tell them their ruling ahead of typing it, we found out once that way and our lawyer called us.

dipper

Thank you. I am very stressed.   We know the mother has an opioid addiction as we had hospital records that stated her drug seeking behavior over and over.  But the file came in late so her lawyer said they did not have time to review and it was deemed inadmissible.   Now we can never use it and she knows we are on to her.  Yet, child still is in her care with her on high level pain meds often.