Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 05:58:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Show cause?

Started by dipper, Apr 23, 2018, 02:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dipper

My husband and I have custody of our grandchild.  The mother has every other weekend and a few hours each Wednesday visitation.  The GAL put in court order no new boyfriends to be introduced to child until 6 months continuous dating.  The mother began dating a man January 30th, the date I am sure of.

She quickly basically moved in with him and on weekends went back to her mother's home to see child. But she exposed child to video chat with him.  Today I told her we would like to meet him mid July before child does.  She informed me that she will be introducing them next week, claiming to have dated since November.

He is willing to lie with her.  I have told them we will be in court as they are breaking a court order .  I believe I have proof of when they began dating.She refuses to as much as show me a pic of them together in the fall.  I have told her to give me proof and I will let it go.

I know she is lying and this is why it was put into order. She cannot stay away from a man.  She is willing to risk contempt so that she can be with him all the time.

Thing is...we just got an order signed in January after a long battle and wait for judges decision. I don't want to make the judge angry but they are breaking court order.

What do you think?

ocean

Pick you battles..... ask to meet him before child does (next week) and you will let it go. The time you get into a hearing it will be over the 6 months and the money spent to do it would be a waste. Meet him and if he seems okay then just keep the evidence for next set of issues. Hopefully he has positive influences on BM. Good luck!

dipper

That is probably what I will do.   I just.....I don't think he is a good person.   He is 34 and seems very immature.  He calls people "retarded" and "gay".  His advice to mom when she was lonely back in January before they started dating was to "Go get drunk."  He has an 11 year old child and within two weeks of mom dating him, she was posting videos with lots of pics of them in bed together in his house.  Pics of his daughter riding around with them.  Mom spends all of her time over there.  And I believe there are other adults in the house too - his parents.

On top of that, he is willing to lie and go along with her against a court order.   And mom has asked for one of her full weeks she gets to be in May....conveniently right after she introduces child to him.