Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:57:39 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CHILD SUPPORT

Started by BLUELOVE22, Aug 14, 2018, 09:36:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BLUELOVE22

MY CHILD FATHER IS TAKING ME BACK TO COURT FOR A DECREASE IN CHILD SUPPORT. HE SAY HE HAVE ONE JOB WITH LACK OF HOURS AND I HAVE MORE INCOME THEN HIM WHICH I DONT. WE GO TO COURT NEXT MONTH I JUST STARTED MY OWN BUSINESS BUT I DONT RECEIVE ANY INCOME FROM BECAUSE IM IN THE START UP STAGE. HOW WILL THIS AFFECT MY CASE I RECIEVE 614 A MONTH RIGHT NOW

ocean

When was the last court order for child support? It should be over 3 years in order for the judge to hear it unless ex can prove a change of circumstance. Usually taking a lower paying job will not allow child support to be reduced. Look online/local papers for jobs that ex used to have to prove ex could still get a job or a second job in his expertise area. Bring the local job openings to court to show he can get other jobs. Lack of hours means ex can have get another job during those hours. You may qualify for legal aid at family court. Ask for their number or you can represent yourself. Really depends what state you are in and the judge's mood that day. Act appropriately, and calmly and say "i understand ex hours were reduced but ex can apply to these other jobs that are available in our area or get a second job to help raise our child/ren." If you are paying daycare, maybe ex can watch child to save money. Good luck!