Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 12:46:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Split custody

Started by BandDsMom, Jul 03, 2008, 11:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BandDsMom

My ex has had custody of our 2 sons (13 & 15) for the last 3 years when he moved 4 hours away from our home town, where I still live. My youngest has decided that since he is old enough to decide, he wants to live with me again. My ex has agreed and we are trying to find a way to make a reasonable parenting plan that will allow for both of us to see each child, but still have a break without the children. The distance between us and with the boys being teenagers makes it difficult.

My question is whether anyone out there has any ideas, resources, samples/examples, or suggestions on how to set up the visitation schedule. We would rather not involve lawyers. I have tried searching the net, but haven't found anything that would really work for us. Anyone?

MixedBag

One full weekend with Dad with both.

One opposite weekend with Mom and Dad....13 goes to Dad, 15 goes to Mom

One full weekend with Mom with both.

One opposite weekend with Mom and Dad....13 stays with Mom, 15 stays with Dad.

Start over.

Davy

Both sons stay with Dad and mom travels EOW to visit both sons.

boilergal

But if you have, why not continue with each boy staying at home eow and the other boy going to NCP parent, then boys are together to see each other and each CP/NCP  gets both boys everyother weekend and a weekend without boys in between and then do something similar in the summer but use weeks on and off instead.

Does that make sense?  I'm not sure I follow my own logic now :)

And then for holidays do something to split them similarly...