Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:06:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Judge reunited the children

Started by buckhntr, Sep 04, 2008, 12:35:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckhntr

I posted a couple months back about my wife fleeing to Tennessee with the 2 youngest children last March.  I have agonized over this for the past six months and consulted with a few attorney's had to borrow money to hire one,  while I was looking for the cash I filed Pro-Se for divorce and 3 motions for custody all denied.  She has stonewalled me about everything from information on the kids doctors, schooling, etc. Monitored calls and refused any contact for awhile with the children, hid them and well you get teh picture.

We finally had our interim divorce hearing yesterday and the judge cited ND supreme court prescident that says it is never in the best interest of the children to seperate siblings and that the younger children would be returned to my home.

So my children are all under my roof now and the divorce continues.

Kitty C.

At least the judge knew his stuff and didn't look the other way.  So if you have a temp order giving you temp custody, often what starts as temp becomes permanent.  Dot your i's, cross your t's, and hopefully you can get to the final hearing quickly enough to maintain the current status quo.  That's your biggest challenge right now:  maintaining status quo, because the longer you have the kids in your custody, the more likely it will be made permanent.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Davy

Finally !  I certainly remember your situation and so very pleased the children were returned home.

It seems the judge had a ton of evidence he could use and rulings he could have cited but chose to cite rulings that did little to reprimand the mom and in so doing does nothing to help the mom deal with reality.

Great job for your kids !!!!    and thanks for posting.............

buckhntr

I certainly understand the status-quo and intend to do all I can to prevent it from ever changing.  We have 60 days before the lawyers need to file their conitnuation plans, so in the stead I have the kids. they are all together and 3 of the 5 will never elect to live with their mom (2 are adults and one will be in 11 months).  So unless I do anything increadibly stupid all is well.  Down side is she immediatly elected to stay in the area and not even go back to TN for a couple weeks to take care of her business (house, furiniture, kids and her clothing etc).  So visitation starts next wednesday and EOW + 1 DOW until the final).  

Should have asked for 2-4 weeks extended visitation to compensate for last 6 months.

Davy

Buckhntr

I've been wondering how the 2 youngest children are doing thru all the changes in their life.

Are they more at peace being at back home with their siblings in familiar surroundings.  

Coils tomorrow (Thur)...thanks !