Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 08:46:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Washington state shared parenting support

Started by 4my4sons, Oct 27, 2008, 05:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4my4sons

The other morning candidate Dino Rossi did a studio interview on the radio station 99.9, KISW.  He was asked about his stance on how child custody was dealt with in this state.  He feels strongly that children need and should receive abundant and equal time with both parents.  He stated how important he knows it is for children to be raised by both parents after divorce.  He also stated that he knows that that is not how things are going in this state.  He expressed his great concern for this problem and that something definately needed to be done to fix it.  You can go to kisw.com and listen to the podcast of the interview I think.  My opinion after listening to the interview is that shared parenting may actually have a powerful politcal voice in the capitol if Dino Rossi is elected.  This is not a plug for Dino, in fact I was probably going to vote for Gregoire until I heard this.  What ever their other issues, spending more time with my children is my most important issue.  Everything else is just that, everything else.  This information might be nice to send to others you know who are NCP's or understand how important it is for children to have both parents.

FatherTime

I have tried to find the information on the website.  I have sent an email to bjshea as well.  I was hoping to point this out to the public in my area, but cannot find any information other than your post.  

Can you find out if there is some information out there on this?

It's...
FatherTime

4my4sons

Go to either washingtonsharedparenting.com or toprights.org

Both those sites now have that part of the interview on them.  Get the word out.  Shared parenting could actually have a powerful voice in Olympia.

FatherTime

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

FatherTime