Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 12:38:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

HELP CHANGE THE CURRENT LAWS

Started by norma, Nov 22, 2003, 07:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norma

If you're interested in changing the current laws governing support and custody - THERE IS A WAY!!! Come to the Orange County (NY) meeting of the Father's Rights Association this month. We are going to bombard the Assemblymembers of NY with letters to support a Bill currently on the floor which, if passed, will be wonderful for non-custodial parents!! I have form letters to fill out along with copies of the bill. I have already prepared the envelopes for mailing to all the different Assemblymembers. We just need bodies to sit down, check of a list of various offenses they've encountered and that's it!! We'll mail them all out!
Anyone living in Orange County, NY or surrounding areas close to Middletown, NY can contact me at:  [email protected]    for more information. I will provide directions and date/time. The bigger the turn out, the better for all non-custodial parents. Also, anyone located too far from Middletown, NY can contact me so that I can mail them master copies which can be used for bulk production and given out to any groups they attend in their area.
WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

anastasia

Please give us some details about this bill.  I thinks there should be a federal law that could protect the integrity of a relationship between a father in our case (or NCP) and the child.  The system doesn't provide for that.  They say that they are looking for the best interest of the child, but that's not true.  Take for instance our case. The mother moved from NY to CA and the jurisdiction was in Fl, my husband couldn't afford the custody case anymore and try to continue pro-se.  The judge told him that he needed a lawyer or she will transfer the jurisdiction to CA.  My husband told her that he didn't have enough money to hire a lawyer and begged the judge not to tranfer the jurisdiction because he won't see his daughter again.  The judge told him:"you have three weeks to get a lawyer, if you don't have money to hire one, then get used not to see your daughter again".   BELEIVE IT OR NOT.  Altough the judge had in her hand that we had to take this woman to court in every visitation schedule and that she was found in contemp two times already, she decided that the best interest of the child this time was to break a bond between the child and her father.  Two years latter we filed in Ca for visitation and we moved.  The system is the same SH... here.

WE NEED TO CHANGE THE SYSTEM.  WE HAVE TO STOP THI ABUSE AGAINST OUR FAMILIES AND CHILDREN.

Indigo Mom

-----you have three weeks to get a lawyer, if you don't have money to hire one, then get used not to see your daughter again". -----

Get the transcripts YESTERDAY!  You can have this Judges boobies in a wringer for this one!!!!!!

anastasia

Thanks for the suggestion!  We didn't think about that. I guess sometimes you need someone from out side to give you ideas!!!!!

GOD BLESS YOU!