Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:19:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Denial of Visitation

Started by mikella31, Dec 10, 2003, 10:59:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikella31

My fiance's ex always threatens him about not letting the kids visit. Here is the situation... We live in IN. My finace's EX and two children
(4 & 6) live in WA. The divorce took place in WA 2 1/2 years ago. So all jursidiction is in WA. Last X-mas we bought 4 round trip plane tickets (we have to buy 4 since the kids aren't old enough to fly on their own). She got mad about something so she didn't send them. He lost the time with his kids and his $1500. She threatens him CONSTANTLY. She always says what a bad father he is for not living next door to her and the kids. She cheated on him b.t.w and wants him back in the worst way or to hurt him in the worst way which is by using the kids. We have gone through so much it is a book of it's own...Really. She is unbelievalbly evil. She hates me for being with her ex. When her kids first met me for the first time, they said "mommy said not to touch you b/c you have germs". I know..awfull, huh? She yells at my fiance on the phone while the kids are listening. They have to be so torn. She is a screamer. She is very bitter towards us. We have saved messages that she leaves on his V.Mail. It cost so much to take her to court again. What to we do? Isn't there a way to get her to stop? I can't believe someone can be so hateful and selfish. Any suggestions?? Please HELP!!

Brent

Send this letter to your ex each and every time he's denied visitation with his children. Edit the letter to fit your circumstances, then fill in the ''missed time'' table with the time missed, making sure that the totals add up correctly.

Denial Of Visitation Form Letter
http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/missed-visit.htm

You'll also hear people telling you to "Document, document, document!". Having good records is crucial, so if you aren't already keeping records, start now.  Get yourself either the Parenting Time Tracker (PTT) at: http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/tracker.htm or the OPTIMAL Custody Tracking service at: http://www.parentingtime.net. The PTT is free, but the OPTIMAL service is better. Read can also this article for some more ideas on keeping records:

Tips On Keeping Documentation
http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/tips1.htm

I cry_ in_the_dark

Do you think that a revised version of this letter would be appropriate in this situation?

My recent court order states:
"Father indicated he would very freely let the children go to mother's house and would encourage visitaion with mother. Father is found to be credible in his assertions."
and...
"Taking into account all the factors, father is the more accomodating parent that will encourage frequent and continuing contact between the children and their mother."

If I were to revise that letter to the effect that his credibility is in question, ie: On at least six occasions in the last 3 weeks he has refused the kids to visit me for
a. "you'll get to see her 4 days next week" (When in fact it is only 3 days)
b. My daughter has missed after school activities on 2 occasions because he and his wife couldn't pick her up. I offered to pick her up and take her home, but he refused. Why? "I don't think it's a good idea".
c. My daughter requested to visit me for one hour when dad and brother would be gone to boyscouts, one street down from my home. Answer, simply, NO.

As well, a phone call to me from my daughter was interupted and my daughter was ordered to hang up by SM at which time, with my daughter still on the line, the SM told me that it was all my fault because I didn't feed my kids and I have men over in the middle of the night. Both lies...but still interferring in Mr. Credible Dad's "credibility".

Think it would serve any purpose?

mikella31

We HAVE sent the Denial Of Visitation Form Letter  and the intent to excersise visistation letter by Cetified Mail and she REFUSED to pick it up. We called the poice in Lacey WA to see if they would serve her and they said it had to be a court document. We sent a copy of the letter to the county clerk or whoever. We did everything it said to do like two months ago. She left another message last night telling him never to call and he would never be in his kids life. I just think she is ignorant for leaving messages. They can be used against her in court right? We have no clue why she is so angry besides the fact she can't have him. I don't know what to do.:o