Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 12:12:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CP insists on keeping me away from my daughter

Started by CABDsDaDDY, Feb 06, 2004, 12:17:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CABDsDaDDY

My ex wife lives in Indiana and denies me any contact with my daughter. At the time when the divorce and visitation was set, I could not afford a lawyer and lived out of her state, so I was granted no visitation. She told the lawyers and judge a bunch of nonsense. Anyway I got one year behind in my child support, but I've been payin g for a year or two and have been paying double to catch up. They still plan on garnishing tax returns. But money is not my issue. I don't care if I have to pay for my daughter, she is worth it. I have a new wife and three children and we want to include my daughter with our family on holidays or during the summer. My ex wife sends back everything I buy her and letters or cards I send from here in Texas. She says it is her right as custodial parent to deny her (our) daughter contact with me and my family. She won't even "allow" my mother to send her only granddaughter gifts.
My question is what can I do? I don't have much money, so it has to be an inexpensive route, if possible. They live in Newton County, Indiana and we live in Denton County, Texas.
Thank you.

Peanutsdad

There really is no such thing as an inexpensive route to modifying any type of custody/visitation order.

I live in Ellis county Texas,, and work in Dallas. If you would like to contact me so we can try to see what options you do have, email me at [email protected] and I'll provide my number,, or you can give me yours.

Its not as bleak as you may think, BUT you have a long road ahead and yes, it is gonna cost you.

1. Do you have a copy of the decree and custody/visitation papaers from Indiana?

2. Was there allegations or prosecution for domestic violence or sexual abuse on you?

3. Any type of criminal history?

4. How old was your child when you last saw her? How long has it been since you saw her? How old is she now?

These are some of the questions that need answered in order to start planning on getting you back in your daughters life.