Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 08:01:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Received Call From Senators Office

Started by OzrkChic, Apr 12, 2004, 02:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OzrkChic

Yesssss!!!! Finally!!! After the fiasco in court last August when the judge dismissed DH's contempt of court petition, after having already found BM in contemp and sentenced her to serve 7 days in jail, we decided to write to one of our infamous senators. Hillary Clinton. I faxed a request over to her office in October I think it was. We received a phone call about two months after that but never heard anything else.

We proceeded to write to the governor of Iowa and let him know about what was going on. The first time we wrote to him last year, we got a response from him. But we haven't heard back from him on this one yet.

Anyway, I was washing dishes today when the phone rang. Low and behold it was an aide from Senator Clinton's office calling to see what our problem is and how they can help. I explained briefly what we had been through and that we were looking for someone to sponsor legislation to protect NCP's right to be a part of their childrens' lives and not allow things like this to happen. I told him that these judges need to be monitored so they don't run roughshod over NCP's rights the way ours have been. I also told him that we are looking for someone to help us launch and investigation into possible corruption and misconduct among the judges who have handled our cases.

I explained how DH had been denied his visitation all last year and spring break this year. He asked if DH had court ordered visitation and asked me to fax a copy of that order to him.

He said he was going to take the court orders to his supervisor and see what they can do to help us and they would be in touch.

Now, I have absolutely NO IDEA what to do or how to get organized for this. I  have NO IDEA what the next step is that DH and I need to take, what to do while we wait on them to get back to us or anything. But hopefully this is a step in the right direction.

So please please please, everyone, pitch in here and help me get organized. Tell me what to do. HELP!!!! I am really excited to have gotten this far. I just don't know what to do now. I have never been an activist or anything.

I don't know if we'll be able to change anything for DH with his daughters. But maybe we can help others. Our son is about to go through his own custody h*ll with his former girlfriend over his newborn son. But that is another post.

Thanks for any help, advice, information, support or whatever you all can give us.

Mika