Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 10:49:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Do we have to let him go away with her?

Started by mommie2trev, Feb 01, 2004, 02:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indigo Mom

-----I just know from experience in the georgia court we are dealing with that the Judge will not for any reason order drug testing, we have tried. -----

I learned that, too!  My ex is a crack addict!  Crack, for crying out loud!!!!  I only got drug testing ordered 13 months ago!!!!  It took 6 years to get it ordered...because I didn't "know" I could.  The courts aren't going to "volunteer" this information...would make the Judges job harder.  Judges don't like to work, which is why they wear "robes" to court.  I'm convinced under those robes are jammies!  ;)

-----We got DFCS to do the drug test and that won't work now for us because the child lives with us. -----

Well, even though the child IS living with you, you have the RIGHT to demand "clean" drug screens before the child visits the drug addicted parent.  No one is going to tell you this...cept someone who's been there, done that.  Get a Guardian Ad Litem.  Get that person to see there's a drug problem, that person can recommend to the Judge random drug testing...and since Judges always go with what the GAL says...there's your drug testing.  That's what you want.

-----So I won't respond to anything I don't understand in the future. -----

You best start posting about things you don't understand!  How ya gonna learn about it?  I know I sound rude, but I truly wasn't trying to slam you.  I'm sorry I came across that way.  I'm "for" you, not against you.

When people post on a message board, other people who read it can NOT get the "emotions" or feelings behind it.  It's very easy to "think" you're being attacked.  I'm sorry, and will try to post more clear next time!

hotforjimmy

>-----We got DFCS to do the drug test and that won't work now
>for us because the child lives with us. -----
>
>Well, even though the child IS living with you, you have the
>RIGHT to demand "clean" drug screens before the child visits
>the drug addicted parent.  No one is going to tell you
>this...cept someone who's been there, done that.  Get a
>Guardian Ad Litem.  Get that person to see there's a drug
>problem, that person can recommend to the Judge random drug
>testing...and since Judges always go with what the GAL
>says...there's your drug testing.  That's what you want.
>
>The GAL on the case wouldn't ask for testing because he is afraid of pissing off the Judge. He wouldn't even ask for supervised visits. We can't afford another GAL at this time so for now we are playing her game.

>-----So I won't respond to anything I don't understand in the
>future. -----
>
>You best start posting about things you don't understand!  How
>ya gonna learn about it?  I know I sound rude, but I truly
>wasn't trying to slam you.  I'm sorry I came across that way.
>I'm "for" you, not against you.
>
>When people post on a message board, other people who read it
>can NOT get the "emotions" or feelings behind it.  It's very
>easy to "think" you're being attacked.  I'm sorry, and will
>try to post more clear next time!
>
>I didn't think you were attacking me I just didn't want to offend anyone that has been here, I need you and don't want to hurt any feelings. I can be pretty harsh myself, and I don't go into court with attitude I just go in with my head high!! Thanks for the encouraging words! Good Luck to you and yours!!!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

mommie2trev

I am sorry as well if I came off rude. I wasn't trying to be that way. Even through all this everyone has been concerened about the BM and it pisses me off. She is the one that had her children taken away form her because of drugs and abuse. And they treat her like she is a saint. I am the one that is there for him when he is sick,or has a nightmare,or just wants to be held. I have no problem with her visiting him here at my home until they get to know each other better.I have no problem including her in family functions.

How do I go about getting a GAL involved? We have no money for an attorney. We are still trying to recover from the many trips we took to Arkansas to get custody of him in the first place. I truly don't want to be one of these parents that can't work with the other parent. I don't want to have to get a  CO for everything we do. And I may be jumping the gun. But I would like all my bases covered. The BM had a whole year to straighten up to get her kids back. She couldn't do it. She gave one up for adoption(not my husbands child) and we have our ds.

Again I am sorry if i came off rude. I am touchy when it comes to all this.I truly do have my ss best intrests at heart. I want him to be apart of his BM life but not at the expense of risking his.