Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 01:18:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Visitation Rights?? Where?? When??

Started by HeartsAFire, Feb 04, 2004, 12:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HeartsAFire

My heart is breaking. Hi, I am married to a man who is the non-custodial parent. He is a very good man and an even better father. I met him 2 years ago and the vibe I felt was so strong it was like I just fell right then and there. Then his son came running out of the house and right into his fathers arms. The love I saw in these two was just incredible. I promised him that day (stranger that I was) that I would help him fight for custody. I have been with them ever since that day.  His mother has moved him 4 times in that 2 years and 3 other times since they separated 4 years ago. This time the move was an hour from his father home. This little boy begged me to tell his mother he didn't want to go. That he wanted to live with us. He cried and begged. I couldn't do anything and now I am haunted by it. I love this little boy deeply as if he were my own. Since the move, we hardly ever see him. Yes she surrenders him on the every other weekend, but puts him in sports and sometimes parties, always with excuses of late night pick ups or none at all. Because of the sporting events falling on my husbands weekends instead of quality time with dad, we take him to the sports event, which is fine but when seeing her, she bribes him into staying with her and that ends the rest of the visit. This woman has also taken him to court and had put a court order on him stating he call ONLY ON TUESDAY AND THURSDAY NIGHTS @ 7:30P ONLY!! The order states that she will have him readily available and she does not. We are afraid that she knows the strength and love he has for his father and she is trying to put an end to it. She has since quit her job and has become a full time mom and he is becoming dependant on that. How do we keep what little we have? Please pray for us and our child. (Virginia USA)        

nosonew

First off, you stop the bribery.  I know it will be hard, the little guy will be looking at you asking, but you HAVE to say no!  Actually, our bm did this, and we just returned the favor by making it a little better to stay with us.  Not fair, but bm quit within a couple of months because she hated him choosing us over her, so she just quit the bribery.

Also, you can put him in a sport where you live also.  Or, you can just tell her he won't make these things, because unless he is older than 10, the coaches are pretty understanding.  BTDT.  You sound like you are in the exact same situation I was in over 10 years ago.  Pvt mssg me if you want, I'll help anyway I can!

HeartsAFire

Thank you so much for the response. I sure could use friends through this ordeal especially one that knows how deep things can get. But laws protect the wrong and that I don't understand. I need more strength, more prayers.