Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 04:47:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

visitation disputes

Started by dedicateddad, Feb 21, 2004, 06:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedicateddad

I am a father in Hawaii and I am looking for support.  My girl is now 6 and I have joint phisical and joint legal custody of her.  Things were alright and I got to see her everyweekend.  One year ago her mom moved to Las Vegas and I agreed to let her go.  We agreed she would come in summer, which she did.  This year she is saying she doesnt want to let her go.  Visitation is not written into the custody order.  What should be my next move?  The mom is very difficult to talk to.

kiddosmom

Did the mother give a reason for the denial?

dedicateddad

The reason was that she could not bear it, and that she should not leave her "family". (she has remarried).  My daughters grandmother then got on the phone and said it wasn't worth it because it was only two weeks of vacation.  I have no explanation as to why it is only two weeks.  Should I try again to talk, should I have my wife try to talk,( it has been helpful in the past) or should I deal with it in court?

kiddosmom

honestly, i would try talking to her again. let her know how much you miss your child, and that the agreement was that you would have your child in the summer so she could move,, if she will not compromise with you then take her butt to court and get visitaion in a CO so she has no choice.

MixedBag

I'd do both -- keep talking to mom so that you get to see her but ultimately, I think, you gotta get something agreed in writing to file with the courts to make it an order.

Didn't you two agree to more than just summer time?

Both of you are in contempt right now -- because neither one of you is following the order.

But withholding all time if she does this will be your reason to go back and get your time modified.  

Goodluck -- and keep pushing