Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 04:47:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

refused visit again, new excuse

Started by Belle, Feb 23, 2004, 11:45:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Belle

Bit info,  live in another state ordered regular visitiation years ago, but because of distance, agreed in mediation to regular visits during school breaks.  Cp agreed to accompany child in travel during our mediation (paperwork not filed with judge , placed in divorce file  post decree agreement)(CP can not fly alone at 30+). Ex never lets child fly alone/unaccompanied minor even though 13 years old. Sent "intent to visit" date's not refused, only refusing to accompany (so no outright refusal??) Do I need to buy the airline ticket and actually have it wasted, or would the  written actions of cp suffient to take back to court? Last month there was another excuse but I let it slide because promised longer spring break. We went to mediation w/o court requiring us, to address 8 years of excuses. Thanks to all

MixedBag

Note the sarcasm...

You can only ask for contempt based on what's in the current ORDER.

So unless the mediation turned into an order.....good luck.

What do you mean by "Placed in divorce file post decree agreement"?  Was that signed by the judge or just both of you signed it and then filed with the divorce decree at the court house?

Can you buy a ticket with an airline that is friendly to changes (like Southwest -- where the ticket maintains it's value for the most part)?

You say you went to mediation -- and then what happened?  

If stuff (agreements) don't get turned into an order, then you're stuck.

When did you move?  And what do you mean by the CP 30+ can't fly alone?  (or is it "won't" fly alone?)

Belle

Current order is regular visitation, what ever that is to mean by CP's standards. We went to mediation because tired of only two weeks during the summer. (job relocated, divorce was granted when in same state, did not think ahead) So would Cp in contempt since regular visitation is not two weeks a year? Cp submitted the  mediation agreement to be placed in our file, I believe not signed.  Actually South west does not have unaccompanied minor service over 11 years old. Cp just moved out of parents house, has good job just not independant, been there since divorce won't do any activity alone.  totally surprised when moved out. Cp has also said will let the child decide if wanting to visit.

Kitty C.

I've done my homework and flew DS back and forth between CA and IA for 9 years.  The FAA requires all airlines to offer UAM status up to age 13.  After that, it is OPTIONAL, meaning you CAN get it if you want it.  The last time DS flew was the first time we didn't have it, since he practically knows DIA like the back of his hand, LOL!  If you have any questions about it, I suggest you contact the FAA or Southwest headquarters.

As far as leaving it up to the child, no way.  That's why you have a CO in the first place, because the child is NOT allowed to make that decision.  Sounds like CP needs to get a life.  But her refusal to fly with the child doesn't make a damn bit of difference.

But until you get all this in the order, I really can't see any way you could enforce it or claim she's in contempt, unless she's denying ALL visitation, meaning the 2 weeks......
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

MixedBag

Oh, Kitty, we just had to re-book our tickets because of this.

They will accompany minors 12 and under and ONLY on non-stop flights, no connecting -- complying with FAA guidelines on non-stop flights.  Once the kids are 13 and over and then there is NO SERVICE offered, period.  They told me that they are not staffed to do this and therefore the ticket prices are lower.....

Doesn't matter -- flying is safe.

Two weeks in the summer is a not enough and not fair.

AND it shouldn't be left up to the child, period.

Kitty C.

Looks like they've certainly changed things, and in an extremely short amount of time, too.  Doesn't surprise me, tho.  I figured there would be more regs. coming down the pike after 9/11, but cutting it OFF at 12 and only on non-stop flights was further than I expected.  

DS will be flying out to CA this summer to see his SM, sister, and others from his dad's family, the first time since his dad died.  He's got 24,000+ miles with United, and all I have to do is purchase 1000 for $50 and he gets a ticket, wooohooo!  
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......