Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 01:33:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Transportation/Visitation

Started by Mom2JacNAJ, Mar 01, 2004, 11:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IceMountain

What would happen if they did not return the children at the specified time?  I have been 'toying' with this scenario myself.  I have visitation from 5 to 5 fri to sun and it was not specified in the decree who was responsible for transportation.  My ex and I had a verbal agreement, too, which she follows at her convenience.  We have an 8 hour round trip drive between us.  (both moved in opposite direction of 'family home').  

My ex, in the past when I tried to get her to meet me 1/2 way,  threatened to call the cops if I did not have my son home at 5:00.  Is there any legality to her calling the cops?????  

Please help me with this!  These 4 hour drives are really cutting into the time I am able to spend with my son.  We really only have Saturday together.  Although the time in the car is spent doing alot of talking, he's only 6 and he'd rather be at the park :)

btw, we both live in Iowa.  I really need to know what would happen if I didn't return him at 5 and made her come and get him.

Kitty C.

IM,

I just e-mailed you thru your post on DD.  Hope that info helped.

No, the cops will NOT do anything, especially here in Iowa.  She can threaten all she wants to and even call them, but all they will do is tell her to see an atty.  She's trying to blow smoke up your backside and you have to call her bluff.

Our PBFH tried that ONLY once on us.  I know the local cops well, called them and asked their opinion, and they told me the exact same thing.  She hasn't tried it since.

Since there's nothing specified in your CO as to how and where exchanges should be made, she can't even get you for contempt, because there's nothing in the CO that says you can't.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......