Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 20, 2024, 03:32:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Mentally Ill Unstable dad

Started by ThatGirl, Mar 15, 2004, 01:53:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatGirl

Hello,
I am new here and this is my first post.
I am excited to find this site and desperate for help.
My STBXh is Bipolar and has Borderline Personality Disorder.
He has been VA/EA and PA to me and all but PA to my daughter and our son.
My daughter is from a previous marriage and my son is from him.
I have a restraining order on him now, and he is fighting it in court, with the trial coming in 10 days.
He has a lawyer and a seperate bank account where he keeps all his earnings and has not paid any child support. (I just applied through the county for that so it would start before the divorce is final at least)
I am afraid because I have no idea what to expect, and have no lawyer, or $$ to get one.
He has had an arrest for Felony Battery, without conviction on his exW, and I have all the documents from his arrest to her medical records to their entire divorce. I do not have his current medical records showing his diagnosis's, or current state of instability.
My questions are
How do I get his psychiatrist supeonaed?
What do I expect from the judge and keeping the restraining order in place at least until the divorce is final?
How do I get this psychological parent eval going??
Is this in every state in the US that they evaluate the parent?
Are the judges educated in mental illness and abuse through any formal training, or just through experience of "seeing it all"?

Any and all input and help is SO GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!
I am so tired of him hurting me and my children, and telling me I am the one hurting them by keeping HIM (his abuse) from them. He is in a constant rage and highly unstable, and I have called the police twice just to have them take him to the mental health unit at the hospital, where he was inpatient.
I am the petitioner in the divorce and still waiting to hear when the trial is, his lawyer does not return my phone calls.
Thank you all
ThatGirl

Peanutsdad

your case is very similar to my own case in regards to mental illness and frequent or repeated arrests for violence of my ex.

I am assuming you are pro se?

If that is the case, and he has an attorney, I advise you to seek legal counsel immediately.

What I did in my own case, was file out and pay to have delivered, subpeonas to the police station that did the arrests, requiring any and all records to be brought to court BY the Custodian of records on cout date such an such. I further subpeona'd the custodian of records from the hospital where she was treated for her psych disorders and suicide attempts and required they bring any and all records pertaining to her mental health and/or suicide attempts.

I further taped and had transcribed all phone conversations, face to face meetings and kept all letters, emails ect.

It all paid off, I now have custody.