Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 01:37:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Restraining Order & Visitation Access

Started by braveheart503, Mar 17, 2004, 10:15:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

braveheart503

I had a restraining order placed on me by my kids mother (never married) in 1998

This was a plot to gain temp custody of the kids which were living with me at the time.

Conclusion, I fumbled in court and my attorney didn;t not show, and the judge granted the mother with temp custody and me with supervised visitation.

I made all of my visits with the kids and their grandparents up util the mother fled to another state. I was unable to vivsit them until her retun to the home state.

I have since took the kids out of town etc. but still experince the parent blocking from the other parent.  

I have no criminal record, not even a misdemeanor,  My biggest issue was that I had no money when the restraining order was pitted aginst me.

Now is not the case. I've saved every dime I can get my hards on to fight this. I do not care to move back to the state where my children live at this time.

I just basically want to see my kids for the holidays, summers etc. I'm willing to pay travel for the kids to fly and see me, I'm just not willing to go through the hassel of the parent blocking me.

Will it be hard to establish access to the kids with this previous restraining order over my head?

MYSONSDAD

Did you ever try to get the RO dropped?

It depends a lot on what type of order she placed on you. Most have expirations. I would check to see how it stands at present. Check your State Statues too.

Do you have an order in place for your visitation?

My ex is using the same theory. Get on RO so she looks better in court. Makes no difference if there is no proof or witnesses. He said, she said.

braveheart503

jUST CHECKED, THE ORDER EXPRIED BACK IN 1999 AND HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED by the other parent.