Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 18, 2024, 11:30:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Erin Brockavich?

Started by tjraid18, Apr 22, 2004, 10:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjraid18

Thanks so much for your feedback and great info. . And for the good luck wish. I do need to do more research and not just post here. The information you gave is awesome. I have'nt fully considered it all yet , as I just now briefly looked at it. But I definitely will. One Quick point. The point I am trying to make is that we get together on this. Combine talents and resources. Why should I look all this stuff up, when you already have? And Peanutsdad. And lots of way smarter people than me? Work together. I'm willing to go with the shared parenting thing if you all say it's the best shot. I personally believe what needs to happen is to enforce laws against non-compliance, manipulation and false testimony. Extremely enforce them. Consider making them serious felonies. But if alll of you who have done the homework say joint custody then --- lets all get together and work on joint custody. I respect tremendously the people who have spent hours and hours working on this issue. I'm just trying to find a way for a lot of us to combine forces and get something done. Thanx again --tj

tjraid18

TM.
          I'm not sure I communicated my point well. You told me about all the things that have happened with child custody policy all the way back to England. Obviously you've done alot of hard work and are very well educated and dedicated. We agree that things are not equal. Every post on here shows things are not. We agree that this is not really about male roles and female roles, it's about simply being parents. Simple. Good word. Why is there so much difficulty in getting people to come together and work as a team on this? I'm asking you objectively. I think it is a good idea. It's been tried, but does'nt go far.  I've been told that the reasons are complex. I agree. .I have some ideas about why, but I'm sort of stubborn. And curious. I would like your opinion. Individual efforts are mking progress, but too slowly. Am I being selfish for wanting to be able to do something now? Or unreasonable? If I look up all this information and arm myself with knowledge and take action for my individual case, it may or may not help me with my kids. It may or may not help anyone else with theirs. If I worked together with 10,000 other people it probably would make a difference. I plan on attending D.A.D.'S MEETINGS because I'm lucky, I live right by where they meet. I plan on getting involved as much as possible. But I feel strongly that we should try to work together more. Something I want to say. The motto "UNITED WE STAND" has another side. It's "UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL." Rarely do we, in our pride, think of being divided and falling. There is a balance to this motto. There is power in it. We should all consider both sides. Not just the one that suits our needs.
     Thank you once again. I hope I have'nt offended you and that you'll share any further thoughts about this.
                                                              tjraid18

ready4change

I agree 100% percent with the theory that there is power in numbers.  It seems that we would need someone who was willing to lead the group that was very familiar with federal laws and the process to go about changing them.  I am very uneducated in this area, as I have barely finished grasping and becoming familiar with my state laws and how they apply to family law.  Then, to actually use them in a courtroom is a whole other animal (read:nightmare).  I, too, am frustrated with the laws governing NCP's and the children that suffer as a result.  I would be fully committed to doing anything possible to help and be a part of a group about fighting for the rights of kids and their entitlement to having both of their parents fully involved in their lives.

tjraid18

Sounds like were on the same page. I have very little knowledge of the legal machine as well. Two is better than one. There are some other people I know that might be willing to at least discuss  this as an option. I am going to go to a D.A.D.S. group meeting soon. Maybe I'll Be able to learn more there. Thanks for the backup on this. Someone did E-MAIL me back with two court cases to look up. And I'm going to look up some of the things troubledmom talked about. The precedents for custody. We need to come up with a way to get some people who know what the heck they're doing to get involved.
                                                                tj

Troubledmom

Some links here at Sparc to help you in your research:

http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/hague.htm

http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/cstest.htm

http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/jointlaws.htm

http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/uccja.htm

http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/pkpa.htm

http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/ferpa.htm

Should give you place to start.
TM

MYSONSDAD

COUNT ME IN!

"Children learn what they live"

Rysimps0419

I am with you guys on this. I will be soon exposing my sons case to the media, locally. I am devoting all my time to this matter, I feel so strongly that we can accomplish miracles if we stand together. I will keep you updated as to what I am learning. I am fighting for my son who has been stopped from seeing his son, and who's reputation has been severly damaged with this famalies false accusations. I will tell you if you have read my post Please Help that one of the problems lies with his attorney. I also have a friend who is a paralegal who is guiding me on what I need to do. I will keep you posted. It would help tremendously anyone that wants to join us to let us know what state you are in, so we can compare some of the laws.

Warmest Wishes,
Sandy

Remember something very important We have only lost the battle not the war and keep telling yourself that....it helps.

tjraid18

It's encouraging to hear positive feedback. Theres lots of work to do so I'm going to try to clear my mind a little and kind of prioritize the things on my plate. I'll let you guys know if I think of anything that might help.  
                                                                               tjraid18

Peanutsdad

When you set the goals and priorities,, remember to set them realistically,,, allow at LEAST 5 yrs with HEAVY politikin to get any type of bill drafted. You might want to get in touch with Pace from Ohio to get a better understanding of what it all involves and takes.

tjraid18

Thanks peanut. Iv'e got Paces E-mail because he sent me something. Last night I spent time writing down the names #'s and adresses of all Oregons representatives, legislators, senators, and the gov. . Senator Frank Morse is not a legislator but his office is very close to where i live. I plan on writing some letters soon. But I want to have an idea of how to best approach these people before I do. I really liked a lot of the things kitty c. wrote in her letter she posted here about the Iowa bill. There is a Dads Against Discrimination meeting every second Tuesday one block from where I'm at. I plan on asking a lot of questions. i've gone to two of the meetings before and met J. edwards. I'm curios to see how his custody situation is going. I'm getting tired just thinking about all the work that would have to be done. Too much practice procrastinating.

tj