Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 19, 2024, 12:13:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Erin Brockavich?

Started by tjraid18, Apr 22, 2004, 10:41:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mypal

hello

Ive been thinking of this since before i was married. in site of all of the men that are being treated unfairly by the court system of each state. I am semi disabled and am tired of this non-sense. I say we should put together an alliance, nationwide to stand very strong in numbers. I understand that many have stated that they would have a hard time in organizing and finacing such a project.

We will never know unless we try!

I am now alerting all of the men who are tired of this debauchery that this nation calls a fair family court system. We need an allaince right now!

I am stepping up to the plate and elect to devote some of my time to putting this thing together.

If you are driven to help make a difference, if you can relate to all of the men that have that sinking, lost, and beaten feeling while walking away from the courtroom, that pit of bile churning away at your insides as you clench in anger or cry when you drive by the park that you and your child once played in as I do,  please post a reply as I will contact all of those interested by Email.

And please let me know if you can volunteer to help put together what can and may well be the light weve been searching for.

Chris

ready4change

Yes, I would definitely help in any way possible.  

My husband lost custody of his girls because he didn't want to put them through a custody battle when his ex walked out on him.  His ex does the absolute minimum for the girls but does not want him to have them due to child support, I'm sure.  His daughter reported some inappropriate behavior towards her from her mother's new husband and now she is paying dearly.

We have spent thousands of dollars going up against a woman who will stop at nothing, she lies, falsly accuses and uses the children as pawns.  We always seem to come out on the losing end (along with the girls) because we are not willing to hurt the children in this "tug-o-war".

My husband's ex moved them 1600 miles away in 2001 and enrolled them in a school under her maiden name before we even realized they were gone.  It took us a year to get them moved back.  When she did move back, she move 50 mile away and we've provided transportation ever since.  Her move has made it nearly impossible to participate in school activities, after-school sports and have lunch with them at school like we used to.  

It just seems like other than paying child support, the NCP's relationship with the children is disposable.  I understand that the courts depend on the two bio parents to put the children's needs first but there needs to be a plan B when the parents are not doing this.  In order to hire a guardian ad litem or parent evaluator, the parents need to have access to a large sum of money; kids whose parents can't afford to fight get shafted.  It is so sad . . . . . .  

tjraid18

Well said, ready4change. Sorry to hear you guys have had to go through so much crap. I like the way you put the plan B idea. It's so true!!! Hopefully we are in the right place at the right time and changes may be not too far away. Best wishes ---
                                                             tj

Rysimps0419

You can count me in also. I am appalled at the way our legal system works and I agree it affects the ones without lots of finacial resources the most. What gets me is the length of time it takes to get them to do anything and yet they will tell you what's in the best interest of the child. I only work part time so I am free to help in any way I can. I have written a letter to Erin Brockervitch and I plan on following up with a phone call. Hopefully she can shed some light on how to get started on  this. I have racked my brains and I am doing some research to see where the Government is failing. It cannot be state wide issues it must be national since we all reside in different states.

Sandy

tjraid18

Lets concentrate on getting fathers rights groups and informed N.C.P.'s who are involved to work together. Antonin and peanutsdad are right. too many groups --- not enough people getting involved. Lets contact the fathers rights groups we know of, and the individuals who ARE fighting so hard and encourage them to work together. we could start a list of fathers rights groups right here on sparc. once we get as many as we can listed with adresses --- We can as a group or individually express our desire for them to work together. Let them know that there are many, many of us who are willing to do something. We just need their help and direction and expertise to be able to do so.

ready4change

Another thing that will be powerful is finding a way to get the message out to those father's who may not be aware of sites like this one or even where to begin.  I can only imagine how many men or NCP's in Seattle alone that have just about given up and need someone to lead the way.  Once we can contact some groups and get a plan of action, we should be able to draw up a master flyer, contact media and find any way to get the word out.  There are alot of groups out there, we just might be the driving force that they need to cross over to the land of success :D

tjraid18

You are a mind reader!!! Thats going on alot around here. I've got some ideas about getting flyers out as well. We do have to stay organized and N-Sync throughout. It's not like other groups hav'ent stated out just like what were talking about though. And so far been unsuccessfull. We need to take one step at a time and do it right. The thing that may be different and helpfull, and a good starting place, is to contact the"big boys" in the fathers rights movement or non-custodial movement and try to persuade them to work together. Getting more people on sparc to back that up by putting out flyers might be a great idea. Is that what you meant, Ready4change? It's a great idea and I appreciate your positive attitude and encouragement. We post a list here
of groups that are making good headway, and who their co-ordinators are. And of individuals who are making good progress. And of important people like the media or certain fathers rights politicians or public figures who have influence. It could'nt be to inclusive or we would have too much information to handle. Then as the list materialized maybe we could get more of an idea what to do with it. The idea would be to gather the list ---- and then to contact these people and express our interest in having them work together and finding a way for all of us to help them. For us all to get involved together.

tj

makcdk

I'm not a father but I am the wife of a father.  Do you guys realize how many women like me are out there?  If the father's and their wives all get together it would be massive!  It is not just the fathers who go through this s*&t but their whole family.

tjraid18

Definitely there are a lot of you and I'm really glad to see it. I feel that a lot of times for whatever reasons, the female persuasion can be very effective in dealing with these situations. For the most part guys just don't want to deal with this stuff. Fathers who are being denied there parental rights are lucky to have the girlfriends and wives helping -----
For sure!!! The obstacle is the working together part. It doesn't ever seem to work out anywhere near to the extent that it needs to. We need to figure out why --- and make it work. Like you said, there are so many of us out there. Together we could get it done.

~ From small acorns grow mighty Oaks ~  

tj

helplessinnevada

Your idea is very good...I think the place to start would be to form support groups as in AA...then expand from there....not sure if there already are any kind of these types of support groups already. If anyone in the Las Vegas area has info on such a group please let me know, or any input on starting such a group let me know....lets get the ball rolling in our favor once....thankyou