Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 06:27:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Denial of Visitation....?

Started by I_put_my_girls_first, Apr 23, 2004, 12:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I_put_my_girls_first

My cousin is contemplating denying her x-husband visitation. The child's 2 years old. He's a speed addict, but that hasn't been proven yet. She lives in Texas, below DFW area. How can she go about having visitation denied, for the saftey of the child? I suggested getting a TRO, for her child, and requesting a urine test for both parents, of course his would come back with speed.

Suggestions?

Kitty C.

THe only thing I can think of is asking for an ex parte hearing and demand that drug testing be mandatory for visitation to take place.  But technically, until there's something in place to monitor or prohibit it, she has no choice but to allow visitation.  To do otherwise would put her in contempt.

She also better be looking hard for proof of the drug use, to show the court.
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

Peanutsdad

Here's the problem,

If he is a crankhead,, and he gets ordered to take a urine test,, your friend will have to pay for it, and in all likelyhood, he'll have sufficient time to clean up prior to taking it.

Unless she can PROVE hes doing drugs, shes really taking her chances on denying visitation.