Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 09:28:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length

ex wont let me see kids

Started by jake723, May 23, 2004, 09:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wendl

Some counties the Sheriffs will help.

Peanutsdad

Child support and visitation are seperate issues.

Some police depts. wont get involved. With that said, call them anyway and ask them to be there,, strictly for the purpose of getting a police report that shows she denied court ordered visitation without cause.

With a little education, you can file the contempts yourself.

http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/missed-visit.htm

One of the first things you'll hear around here is "Document, document, document!". Having good records is *crucial*. Get yourself either the Parenting Time Tracker (PTT) at: http://www.deltabravo.net/custody/tracker.htm or the OPTIMAL Custody Tracking service at: http://www.parentingtime.net. The PTT is good, but the OPTIMAL service is definitely better.

sweetnsad

My ex husband is in major arrears with child support, but I'm not in a position to deny him access to our daughter.  I have full custody and he has reasonable access within reasonable notice.  

On the other hand, it IS frustrating to not get child support, but if you are making honest attempts to try and pay, that's another story.  My ex will do just about anything to get out of paying cs, including calling maintenance enforcement begging them not to garnish his "last" paycheck!  And do you know what he is supposed to pay me bi-weekly??  $77.00.  That's it.  He was making $735.00/bi-weekly and he's a single man with no other dependents!

If I were to deny my daughter her father, how would I explain that to her later???  "I didn't let him see you because he wouldn't pay child support..."  That's hardly a good enough reason to ruin their relationship.  I hope your ex realizes this before it's too late.  

jake723

Thank you once again for the information everyone has been a big help. i just recived a call from my ex stating she is going to put me in jail and suspend my drivers liscense does anyone know how far behind you have to be before they can do that i live in illinois and havent been able to find any information about this. thanks again for all of your help

sweetnsad

I'm not familiar with US laws pertaining to cs arrearage because I live in Canada...but I'm fairly certain that you can serve jail time and have your driver's license revoked depending on how much in arrears you are and for how long you've been in arrears.  I'm not sure though.

Could someone else jump in here and clarify this??

Peanutsdad

jake,

I started my case as a ncp,, and paid cs. Once I became the cp,, suddenly, my ex decided cs is unfair.....go figure. End of story,, is shes a little over 3k in arrearages and facing contempt charges in court. The likelyhood of going to jail on the first appearance for arrearages is very low. In fact,, call the child support enforcement in Il and talk to them about it. If you got behind due to unemployment,, but are working and paying,, it's very very unlikely you will face any sanctions at all. There will likely be an amount for arrearage tacked on to your base amount.

Hope this helps a bit.

gipsy

lesson learned , You said that You just started a new job , Does that mean that you could go to child support and explain , Is the new job the same pay or less , You can go to child support in wash state for change of circumstance , Like the loss of a job , And get it changed , But I am relatively certain that If you go show that You have been laid off they won't do any thing to you , She's just trying to make you mad , If You get something in the mail from schild support collection then You will have to go show them what You make , And  If you started a new job then thats going to be like your first two or three pay stubs , And fill out there papers , And  then maybe you could just get them to let you pay  Off the arreaRS  at like 10$ per month , But then let me ask the key question .    Are YOU paying through the child support registry ?? Like here in wash state . Thats what I wanted then she has no control . child support has to work with you , And If they do set up a separate account for child support , DON'T tell child support where your real bank account is or they will garnish it , And if you are low on cash that could be the rent or mortgage payment , Then they have it and thats it , Just call and talk to support , And tell them the story . And they will tell you whats up , She can't do any thing with out going through support or the court . So I would  Nicely tell her back ,  Child support and visitation are two separate issues and you are still in contempt of court , I would take action pronto and don't let her BS you into making the kids suffer with out a DAD