Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 07:57:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length

At His Visitation Time

Started by SoNecessary, Jun 04, 2004, 08:48:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoNecessary

Hi, me and my daughters father have to go to court b/c he filed for visitation rights.  I'm just wondering if he gets the visitation rights is he allowed to do as he pleases with them?  Such as . . . if he has my daughter for the weekend and he has "plans" can he just leave our daughter with his mother or sister for them to watch her b/c he wants to go out etc?

He's filing for visitations b/c HE wants to spend time with his daughter so why would it be right for him to go off and do as he pleases when that time is suppose to be for him and his daughter?  If I found out that was the case and he wanted the visitations but wasn't even using them can I take him back to court and tell them this and get visitations changed?  I mean the way I see it is he's suppose to be spending time with her if he's not even using his time why not be home with her mother.

Thanks

lissa68

Melissa(lissa68)

What the father does on his visitation time is his business.  If it's court ordered, he may do as he pleases.

He may go out, stay in, doesn't matter what you want.

Court Ordered is just that.

Lissa68

Fobbed-Fodder

Your child and your child's father deserve to have a relationship with each other, just as you and your child do.  Step back and think and feel what it is like to have two parents and only have continued involvement with only one, all the time knowing in your hart and soul that you want to see the other parent as well, but cant.

For one parent to deny a child to have a relationship with their other parent, (without a substantiated finding of neglect or abuse) is child abuse in its most blatant form.

When you go to Court, ask for this provision to be included in your parenting plan.

Right Of First Refusal

Parents shall have the right of first refusal to care for the child if the absence of either Parent should be necessary during their normal Parenting Time.  The use of Step-Parents, live in mates, any family members or relatives, babysitters, daycare facilities, friends or neighbors shall be secondary to this right.  In the event either Parent intends to leave the child for a period of three (3) hours or longer, that Parent shall first offer the other Parent the opportunity for additional time with the child before making other arrangements for the temporary care of the child.

The Judge will give it to both of you, witch you both deserve

Just my opinion

littlebit

>>I'm just wondering if he gets the visitation rights is he allowed to do as he pleases with them

Yes.  Would you want him dictating your time?

>>...can he just leave our daughter with his mother or sister for them to watch her b/c he wants to go out etc?

Yes.  Would you want him to deny your family the right to babysit / visit?

>>He's filing for visitations b/c HE wants to spend time with his daughter so why would it be right for him to go off and do as he pleases when that time is suppose to be for him and his daughter?

>>I mean the way I see it is he's suppose to be spending time with her if he's not even using his time why not be home with her mother.

Again, it is THIER time, not yours.  If they choose to play with each other every second, or watch movies the whole time, or sit at opposite corners of a room and stare at each other, or spend the entire time with other people....it is not your choice.  

Try to keep in mind that just because you and him have different ideas of parenting / visiting, neither has to be wrong, just different.  

Thank goodness your daughter has a father who wants to be involved in her life.  She is a lucky girl!

LittleBit's Dad