Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:03:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Help, confued!!

Started by Momof2inohio, Jun 04, 2004, 08:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Momof2inohio

Im in Fairborn, close to Dayton. Are you locatded in ohio as well?

Momof2inohio

See that's the thing, when she was younger every holiday and bday was filled with tears. I have lied to cover his butt more then I have ever lied about anything in my life, didn't and wouldn't do it souly for him, in my eyes dear old dad is a LOSER . However, I am trying to prevent that from being what she see's..
 My atty. told me not to worry, we could get supervised vists for awhile, I am just concerend with the fact that they need to be involved, but not so sure he his sincere in his motives.  

I should have added that when dad left for another state, he got yet another woman pregnant, left her. When she filed for Child support, he told her he wanted 50/50 and since she was in another state, she panicked and let him sign away his rights, he did it happily..

I think that's what he is trying to pull, I am not stupid, and neither is OUR child, she will eventually (if not already) see him for what he is, and that scares me..

I think I will sit down and write him a letter tonight and see if we can make this work, i DO want to take it to court to, so in the future, he can't say that I denied him visitation..

Thanks for all of the advice..
 Rachel

Forthelittleones

I am not in OH but my two step children are.  Where our kids are they have Kinship houses.  This is a neutral place where the kids and the NCP can be (if court ordered) OR an exchange place.

I would suggest that there is a reintroduction phase and that it be at a neutral location. These kinship houses are staffed by trained social workers who can make sure that the child is comfortable and that Dad and SM are not acting in an inappropriate manner.

I would make sure that there is a reintroduction period.  Feel free to send me a PM, if you want to talk more.  I have been dealing with the OH legal system in two counties for about 4 years.

4honor

Asking your husband to adopt your daughter and asking her if that is what she wants... then leave the door open for your DD and her bio dad to have any relationship they can manage?

He seems motivated by the CS coming from his pocket. If that were not an issue, then he will either come in or go out of her life... but either way, she has a daddy. Just leave the door open for biodad to have a relationship if DD wants one.

JUST A THOUGHT
A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.