Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 02:20:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

need help finding info

Started by skye, Jun 27, 2004, 11:37:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

skye

OK We have custody mom has visitation, Dad works so judge has obligated me to transport children to halfway which I was ok with but she is always late 45min to 1 hour and it is strongly affecting my ex's visits with his kids SO...

My ex and I discussed it and he said that although I am legally obligated to make them available and he understands that our children should not play a factor .. but by obligating me he feels our children should become a factor since it is affecting our kids as well...

He suggested asking that she start picking up again at house and that he do the same .. but I cannot find anything that will help in presenting this to judge on Monday any thoughts would be helpful.

PS I am in Virginia

nosonew

Have you been able to document when and where and why she has been late?  It is VERY reasonable to request it be put in the papers a time limit for someone to wait on the other party...however, I agree that your way is best.  T

I don't have anything to show...but I think a request that "The party receiving the child shall pick up from the other parties home" should suffice.  That way, if she doesn't pick up the child at all, or is late, it is no sweat off your back.

Completely reasonable. And fair.

joni

without getting a new motion.  The judge says meet half way...you have to meet half way.  If you want to designate each party drive to the other party's home and split the 50/50 that way...get a new court order.  You start changing the court order, it'll come back to bite you in the a$$ later and she could end up challenging your custody in court.  You could get spanked on this.  Don't get petty.

And on a personal note, don't look a gift horse in the mouth.  Every father on this board, including my husband, would LOVE to be a custodial parent.  You and your husband are very blessed to have his children.  

smtotwo

HE  WHO  WANTS  FETCHES!!  

So, If she wants them she'll come get them, if she doesn't then she won't.

Same goes for you and DH.  If you want them back you'll go get them.

But, IT MUST BE IN YOUR COURT ORDER>

It's very simple.  
Document, by way of gas station receipt or store receipt with date/time stamp that you were at pickup/dropoff at designated time.
If she's more than 30 min. late return home.  

I'd inform the ex, in writing, by return receipt that you will wait no longer than 30 min.  If she is late she will have to pick them at your home.  But, you can only use this if you specific timein writing in your order.

If its by mutual agreement, but not in writing, then she'll just say that wasn't the time you agreed to.

skye

we have court today..on this matter .

I am simply asking for any thing law wise.... that might be helpful in backing me up ..according to what I have found the code says we are to "make them available" for visitation..

I have a lot of documentation on the case.. we shall see what happens today....... thanks anyway