Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 08:00:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length

getting visitation rights

Started by cmg215, Jun 14, 2004, 10:14:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cmg215

Hi,I had a daughter while i was in the military 13 yrs ago.I owned up to paternity and began paying child support which i agreed to have come straight out of my paycheck.Well to make a long story short I didnt want to marry this woman and when i got out of the service i returned to  my home state of PA.For the first 3yrs my daughter stayed with me for months at a time and we built a nice relationship.The mother married someone else in the service and started bouncing around the globe this went on for 7yrs and now my daughter calls him daddy,I finally was able to track them down and i dont want to have to ask for permission to have my daughter spend time with me and my family whom she has never met.I am now proceeding without an attorney to set up a court date in the original county (Champaign,IL)where the child support order was established.Does anyone out there think I have chance of getting her for summers and maybe holidays.THanks for listening and good luck to everyone else on this site .

stepma

Depends on how long it's been since you've seen her....... The court will probably set something up where mom brings her to you a few times or you have to go visit daughter at her house a few times, so she is comfortable with visits. GOOD LUCK :)

wendl

Depends on some things:
1) was a vistation order ever set up thru the courts (child support and visitation are two seperate issues)
2) how long has it been since you have seen yoru child

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

rainbow1

If the BM violated a court order moving her or did so without permission from  the court, and in the process denied you of court ordered visitation or placement time, why don't you ask for placement until she is 18?