Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 10:20:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Visitation while on military deployment...

Started by joeyljc427, Jul 12, 2004, 04:28:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeyljc427

Dh has been divorced for 8 yrs has "reasonable visitation"  he is a reservist with the Marine Corps and has been called to active duty for atleast one year total.  He is currently stationed at Camp Pendleton.  He has 3 children from his previous marriage and sees them every other weekend.  He and I have two children together.  Those two children are 2 and 3 yrs old and are quite attatched to the older children.  The ex wife told Dh that the boys seeing their kids would not be a problem yet for one reason or another we have not seen them since June 5th.  The boys miss their brother and sisters and ask about them all the time.  I have even asked the ex for a day and time that would be good for me to call so the boys could just talk to them with no response from her.  I want to know if there is anyone who can tell me if there is something that can be done to get visitation for the boys.  I have asked Socrates and he said that there is but what is reasonable.  I would like to have them every other weekend from Friday at 6pm till Saturday at 6pm.  Do you think that is reasonable?  Or do you think I am asking too much.  Please help as I don't feel that the boys should have to loose half of their family for a year.  Thanks