Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:48:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Parenting time for NCP only home on weekends

Started by apple, Jul 19, 2004, 08:11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolivar OH

"I find it odd that we can send newborn infants to "daycare" all day long and let strangers care for them without concern ,, but no way can we let a NCP care for them."

Now this is an intellectual statement!!  I am going to steal your Great insight and post this in a CP friendly site.  I'll have to rewrite a little to put it in context.  This should get the board moving.  :-)  I am very curious to their response.

Thanks

Kitty C.

Let us know EVERYTHING they had to say about it!  'Specially the stupid
logic' they always manage to conjure up, LOL!

Now, this outta be good!  ;)
Handle every stressful situation like a dog........if you can't play with it or eat it, pee on it and walk away.......

apple

Thanks peanutsdad, for the emails. Sorry if I sounded like I was directly attacking you, just frustrated and it came out wrong.

As for your sidebar, I do agree with you on daycare. I am trying hard to not use daycare, I am using family members that the child already knows. If the father was not 3 hours away and available when I was in school, I would have him watch him.

Sidebar to consider though, good daycare workers know about babies and children, not all parents do. Would anybody here just open the phone book, pick a daycare out and drop the child off for 8 hours. No you would check on the daycare, make sure they were good, and drop the child off for short times till he was comfortable.

But yet because my babies father wants what he wants when he is away at college. I am expected to just let him take him for long periods, with no consideration for the baby to adjust.

Either case, it stinks. It stinks when mothers/fathers dump their kids off in daycare when the father/mother could watch them, but it also stinks to dump a child with a person that is ill prepared to take care of him and the child is not comfortable with, just because he is the father/mother.

I guess no matter which boat you are in, you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

skye

try peanutsdad's suggestion on the ingredients and try nursoy.. and get a second opinion .. my oldest daughter had the worst problems with formula projectile vomiting the works.. we did not figure out the problem till she was 4 months.

You said you cannot afford the formula IF you found one that could be tolerated.. There is a program called WIC  women infants and children, IF you live with your parents their income is not counted JUST yours .. If you are going to school you WILL qualify... also I am a registered child care provider for the state and an emergancy intake foster care worker.. so I know a little about that area.. and I will tell you they have a daycare program that will help offset day care costs while you go to school.. they will not pay all but some ..

Peanutsdad

No worries,, I never thought you were attacking me. I can however tell you are very frustrated with the entire situation and truly appear to do whats best.

I honestly wish you luck. It sux to try to deal with an ex that wont deal.

wendl

Yep my ex is the loser as well as my son, they have no kind of relationship whatsoever.

Anyways, you best bet is to go to court, he won't listen to you about anything as it is coming from you, just like my ex.

Remember no matter how mad you are at him etc, in court DO NOT bash him, which at times it is sooo hard, but keep it to the point of what is best for the child.

And as for cs if he is anything like my ex he won't pay, my ex couldn't pay the $50 a month he was ordered to when our son was born, now his order is 160 and he still doesnt pay, he is over 19K in arrears. So you will need to learn to survive without his money and you will be happier for it.  But I won't lie, I can remember when my son was 4 we went to his trophy end of the year party with baseball, it was SUPPOSE to be at the park them everyone decided they wanted to go to McDonalds, needless to say I tried to explain to him why we couldnt go (I HAD NO MONEY" luckily the neighbors whos son was only on the team offered to pay for our meals, I declined her paying for me but thanked her for paying for my son.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

apple

I did go down to WIC, they set an appointment for me, but they listed what I needed to bring with me. They wanted income listed for all persons living in my home. I did not keep the appointment, because I assumed they would turn me down with my parents income.

Are you talking about Mich? Cause for daycare I do not qualify. I have a case worker with the FIA because of medicare. She gave me the paperwork for childcare, on it you must list everyones income in the home. I talked to the FIA case worker and she said I did not qualify for anything including daycare. She says the only thing I can get is the medicare, which I do get for the baby.

I could be wrong about the WIC program, I did not go because I figured it didn't matter anyways I was breastfeeding. I would be interested in this though. I will recheck into this. Unless the FIA worker was wrong I do not qualify for anything other then medicare. Because I live with my parents they will count there income.

Really though, I don't feel the state needs to pay for my child. The father works when not in college and his parents make as much as mine do. If they would pay for formula or diapers that problem would be solved. I have a real problem with taking money from the state, when both his and my family are upper middle income families. To many people out there that really need this help.