Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 08:51:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length

the lop-sided law

Started by ablakmanz, Jul 26, 2004, 06:38:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ablakmanz

To my understanding of the law---because you pay child support--- doesn't mean you get to see the child(ren). If there ever is a one-sided law--- this is it. On May 11, 2004, was the first time I saw this child, that I am obligated to support, in ten years.

The mother of the child refuses to allow me access to the child. But, the courts says, "that's Ok as long as you keep sending in the checks." I for one got fed up with this lop-sided issue and refused to pay support. Before many of you get beside yourself: how many of you would pay $400.00 a month for a car note and you never get to ride in or see it. There was never a paternity test done--the mother and her state are refusing me a paternity test.

I was told by OCSE that they don't care if I don't get to see the childiiitheir only concern is collecting money. And, as I ponder things I realize that it's a hopeless situation, for the non-custodial parents.

If the court where they reside, PA, won't enforce allowing me visitations and the state where I live keep imposing sanctions for not paying CS, then what are my options?

I truly believe, If I can't see the child then why should I pay---especially, when the paternity is still an issue!

Bolivar OH

Welcome to the club.  Please vent.  It is immoral/unjust how we are treated.

Do you have a parenting/visitation schedule?

Remember 3 things:
  1. document
  2. document
  3. document

you will be in court for some time.

ablakmanz

Man, I found out today the court in Virgiania that rejected jurisdiction was in error--- now I have to go back to Virginia just to restablish another court date.

Yes I do have visitation but the mother still refuses to acknowledge my rights; and Virginia isn't going to spend money to have her brought back there on contempt charges. I found this form online that allows me to write up a motion to have shared parenting custody and it is claiming the courts have violated my rights because they won't allow me to have equal access to my child. Especially, when she gets governmental agencies to do her bidding.

What's up with these people in OCSE offices? Do they hire bitter women that have grudges against men or the non-custodial parent? I do know there is a case before the supreme court that is similiar to mine---hopefully, some good will become of it. I'm looking to see if I have a civil case for paternity fraud. The state where they reside do not acknowledge me as this child's father because listed on the birth certificate is another man's  name, as the father. The lady from vital records asked, " why am I going through all this."

All I want to know is the child really mine? My son, has to suffer because they take from me and give to this female that has a child that might be someone else's.

wendl

If you have court ordered visitation then the other parent is in contempt for  not allowing you contact with the child.

If the case is still in VA you file contempt in that court, serve the other parent properly so there is no question and show for court, if the other parent fails to appear you can ask for a default judgment agains the other parent (basically the default judgement would be whatever you had filed would be ordered) I did this with my ex once as he failed to appear.

Unfortunately cs and visitation are two seperate issues, its kinda funny how cs works "based of IF the parents were still together" However visitation isn't as IF the parents where still together the ncp's wouldn't be reduced to visitors in their children(s) lives.

The cs office is basically there to collect monies and that is it.

If you haven't seen your child in so long the courts would probably order supervised visits or some kind of reunification time so you and the child can bond in a nuetural place so the child does not feel uncomfortable. Also you could ask that the other parent be responsible for these charges for the reunification sine that parent was the one who denied you your court ordered visitation.

Good luck

:)

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**