Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 07:03:03 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Visitation rights of dead beat dad and 16 year old childs right to refuse his at...

Started by dezavy, Aug 19, 2004, 01:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dezavy

because of rise in child support action father who has not seen child in 11 years  nor has ever tried to contact her or us in same amount of time out on a vindeta to "get us back for rise in support" has filed a action for visatation !!! she is now 16 verry active and has no desire to ever see him and is very upset at the thought of being forced to see him what rights does she have?

Peanutsdad

None,, you should have expected this when you went for the increase. Sometimes,, it IS best to let sleeping dogs lie.

wendl

He can file for visitation. However it may be short period to reunited child and father. each state is different and how they handle this.

Usually when a custodial parent files for an increase in CS then the ncp request more or visitation time. Each ncp varies, some are great parents, other are well not (like my ex)

At 16 some courts will listen to the childs wishes, not base their decision soley on that but listen then decided what they feel is right and order it.

Was it dads choice not to see is child for so long? Just wondering.

****Warning many here are Fathers who are being denied visitation etc, I would try using Dead Beat Parent or absent parent now decides bla bla bla**** JMO

:)
**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**

KAT

Well now no one here has a crystal ball to tell you how a judge will rule. However it is very unlikely that the judge will order no visitation at all. You need to prepare your daughter. Had you terminated his rights thru step-parent adoption or similar, this wouldn't be an issue now but then again, the increase in child support would be moot also. You didn't do so which only goes to show the judge that he isn't a bad man that should be kept away. Also don't think for a monent that he isn't going to tell the court that you are responsible for vistiation interferance. This court case is probably going to cost you ever single dime you gained with the support increase not to mention the emotional exhaustion.
I agree, sometimes it is better to just leave sleeping dogs alone. I only recieved 18.73 per week in child support for over 12 years until I married my sole mate & he adopted my son. I didn't go back for an increase just for the reason you are having to deal with now. I never kept my son away from his father, we even moved 12 hours closer after biodad moved!! It was his choice. Just as it was my choice to proceed with the step adoption in the best interest of my son & those walking on eggshell teen years. We certainly didn't need any added stress of Daddy just showing up out of the blue. My son is 20 now, if he wants to go see his biodad he can very well drive the 140 miles to do so....he has never once even talked about it.
Good Luck.
KAT

stepmomtwo1

Your post could have  come from my dh's ex. She decided that if sd didn't want to come visit us (because we disalpine and the ex never has) and we didn't fight it to make it easy on the child. She was 9 at the time and we thought she would come back once she learned that we were not going to kiss her butt.

Well when dh tried to visit or call his ex interrupted and made it all an issue of her protecting sd when actually she couldn't stand that fact that she no longer had any control over dh. DH quit trying to get ahold of sd because he was never going to have a relationship with his child that his ex didn't try to run.

Well she waited until sd was 16 to go for more support. We didn't fight for sd. By then she was spoiled rotten and a real disalpine case. She has been pulled from school because she was flunking out (her mom now claims to home school her) and dh and I don't really want her around our children. Her mother ruined our relationship with her and now claims that dh is a dead beat dad. I say there are plenty of dead beat moms out there who cry wolf about their dh's because it's just too easy.

It's your ex husbands right to see the child. If he has the right to pay money every week out of her pocket and never fights it then he can't be all that bad of a guy. Give your daughter a chance to have a realtionship with her dad and you'll all three be better off in the long run.

Forthelittleones

Give me the reasons why Dad should not have time with his child?  What crimes did he commit?  Why didn't you take his right away by either terminiating his rights through a stepparent adoption or by getting supervised visits?

THE CHILD has no rights until she turns 18 at which point she can do what she wants.

Peanutsdad

Oh, I think it's hilarious,, the poster wants his money, but oh hell no,, lets not  have him have a relationship with his kid. Too funny, and too sad.

Forthelittleones

Like too many vindictive ex's out there....  She will never get it

stepmomtwo1

The profile for dezavy says it's a male. Maybe someone just trying to get things stired up a little here since there has been no more posts from them trying to defend themselves....then again the truth hurts and if it is a woman she's going on and on about what @ss's the people here are.

It's moms like this that give a bad name to custodial moms out there who are not all bad.

gipsy

You never know why people do this , But I will go so far as to tell you what the law In wash state say's , This isssue is not up to you any way , Sorry, and if you try to make it that way < You will just cost your self a bunch of money  the law clearly states , Its up to the parent to promote the parent child relationshsip ,And You are to have the child rady to go and are the one in control , ;;; this is not an exact quote of the law But I believe its the courts reaction to all the shit heads out there that talk crap to the kids about the other parent , And the Judges can't  tell who's doing what so they just enforce visitation , If I were you I would say Just tell the child to go , promote the whole thiong and truly let the child decide , I have a step daughter , And she would hate her step dad , But the minute he paid attention to her I could see it made her feel good , Maybe you should hope for the best , Step daughter talked all kinds of crap about her dad too , But I know she responded to his attention ,Agian I repeat this is not for you to decide anyway , the court will as usual decide , If the child is 16 , Let her go see Dad , YOU can't predict the future ,  It could be a real deal or short lived , But I try to stress if the child is 16 It aint worth the battle for the next two years , If she has a car , promote the relation ship , what is it to you any way , In the big picture ,