Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 08:07:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Court pointers needed in North Carolina

Started by Lumberjack98, Aug 21, 2004, 06:09:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumberjack98

I'm in the process of taking my ex to court for contempt and to change our visitation agreement.  The contempt charge(s) are for at least three times that I was denied seeing the kids.  And I'm wanting to make some changes to the visitation since some things are not spelling out (like transporting them on my weekend of visitation... I have never been able to get her to drop them off or pick them up) and provide some amount of consistancy for me and the kids (for example, I picked the kids up at 4pm on my weekend to have them for years.  so i show up at my usual time and am told no i have to wait until 6:30pm as shown in the papers).  We have been divorced for ten years and haven't done too bad at being flexible and working most things out.  She got engaged a couple of years ago and he is living with them, and that is when the changes started and continue to get worse.  I certainly didn't expect that from this 'child psychologist' fiance.
Anyhow, I'm looking for any pointers, precautions, do's, don't's, etc for court.  My attorney says we can get her for contempt and I have to go through mediation for the visitation changes, but I always feel like something is not being addressed with attorneys.  So if anyone has some experiences to share I would appreciate it.