Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 01:37:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Visitation

Started by Curious, Oct 14, 2004, 01:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Curious

I have a question.  My boyfriend's ex-wife has visitation 2 times a month from 10 a.m. until 7 p.m.  He has been advised to attend co-parenting mediation with her.  He has kept all his appointments and she has not.  

He has been very flexible with her through the "hard" times that she is been going through.  She has left him last year in September with 4 children the ages of 6, 7, 9, 10.  The first 6 months she has not visited the children on a regular basis.  She continued to live from residence to residence of friends that she leeched off and when she did rent a room she left those roommates high and dry by not paying them any rent.  

She has bounced numerous check and my boyfriend was held responsible for them.  By having to buy for her bounced checks he ended up in financial hardship and one month was unable to feed his kids.  Her own father pulled through and bought him food for the kids to eat.  

Make a long story short, she is not an example of a mother.  She continues to harm the children by telling them bad things about their dad.  She doesn't even have adequate transportation to pick the children up for an hour during her visits on Saturday, which is 2x a month.  She has a beat-up car which she traded in for a decent running one because she wanted a more sportier one.  This car doesn't even have 3 seatbelts which prevents her from picking up the children since the car is a seatbelt short for one child.  

Now it has come up to the point were she expects the father to come and drop the children off at a place of her convenience which is around 10-15 miles away from the children's residence.  My boyfriend has been advised that he has to show flexibility to this matter and make it happen for the children to see their mom.  He disagrees because she continues to cause hardship and does not show any signs of adhering to the court order of visiting the children 2 times a month for 9 hrs.  She keeps making up excuses that she can't visit them during those times and can only visit them for maybe 1-2 hours because of work or whatever else excuse she has.  

Has anybody been in a similar situation?  Should he keep bringing the children to his estranged wife at whatever time and whatever place she wants to have the children on the Saturdays that she is suppose to have visitation?.......How flexible is flexible?

Curious

Peanutsdad

Yes, I have essentially the exact problems with my ex.

Word of advice, a dad who is cp,, is in a tenuous position, he HAS to be more flexible, bend more, be more agreeable ect ect.

I give more, bend more, and make more rearragements simply because, I HAVE to.

With our final orders however,, I did manage to get a clause about late shows,, if shes over 30 minutes late, Im off the hook for waiting.