Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 25, 2024, 09:51:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

If this isn't a form of PAS from the Bio Parent..CP I don't know what is

Started by ksmomof2girls, Sep 19, 2004, 07:05:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4honor

PAS requires the actions of your child.
PA is what another does to your child with you as the denigrated parent and the child as collateral damage.
When he answered your post he was reacting as if what you said was horse hockey and every word was taken in the worst possible way... THAT is reactive devaluation.

Rules in dealing with the ex:
1) Keep references to SM/SF out of your correspondence unless it is in a strictly positve way... even the neutral stuff can become contentious and can be taken as a personal attack. This creates an "Us vs. Them" situation and is counterproductive.

2) Don't quote the orders unless the relationship has broken down so badly that other negotiating tactics have become useless. It will bite you and make you look cold and unable to be flexible. (Trust me, the NCP has alot to overcome already and must struggle constantly to not be seen as the bad guy.)

3) NEVER NEVER NEVER forget that you should always behave, write, and respond as if you are standing in front of the judge.

4) Find a friend to vent to that is not your parent, SO, or sibling. You CANNOT vent in your own home about the other parent of your child. Your child will know. Your child is the only one it will hurt. Your family does not understand and will either devalue your feelings/frustrations, or will "stir the pot to boiling". You need to vent to someone without emotional investment.

5)  If your child starts volunteering negative things about their other parent's home THEY ARE PLAYING YOU BOTH. Most children do not willingly tell about REAL abuse. Parents who cannot co-parent are easier to manipulate.

6)  The sweeter you are the worse they think you have something up your sleeve. The best revenge is the agonizingly long wait before the shoe drops... which never does... but their paranoia just keeps going and going.

7) Treat your ex with the common courtesy you would treat a stranger with... as if there is no history. Your children will thank you later for it.

A true soldier fights, not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves whats behind him...dear parents, please remember not to continue to fight because you hate your ex, but because you love your children.

StPaulieGirl

Your kids want you in their lives.  Thank God for that.  He's a controlling jerk who won't honor a request that seems in line with the court order.  I don't know if I can see PAS, however.

Don't ever mention their stepmother again.  She shouldn't be part of the legal issues.  You don't want to come off looking petty or vindictive.  If you are emailing him regarding your intent to exercise visitation, and he refuses...that is evidence.  Don't get sucked in by the triggers or button pushing.

I had to "block sender" a couple of years ago, because of the emails my ex sent me.  I would read them and scream.  One day, my teenage son remarked, " ahh, email from dad"?  They can yank your chain, then use it against you!

Send another email, devoid of any personal conversation, stating that you will exercise your court ordered visitation at the stated time.  Show up, and document it.  Ignore his taunts!!!

Btw, that last email was designed to get you to explode and do or say something stupid.  Don't fall for it.  They are aiming for you to lose all your rights..Vent away :)