Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 16, 2024, 07:30:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Our day in court today

Started by mudbunnies, Oct 26, 2004, 06:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mudbunnies

I have not been posting in some time due to some developments in our case, however, i'm ecstatic to annouce that today, finally, the BM was found in contempt for arbitrarily suspending all of dad's visitation since July 9, 2004.

No she did not go to jail, no she did not have to pay any fines, yes we will get makeup days....

its a small step in the right direction and its a bright sunbeam in a dark world

WENDL - thanks for the emails and pep talks.

joni

a bittersweet moment for you.  I'm glad you'll get your makeup days and very disappointed that BM didn't get a fine or otherwise penalized.  What incentive does she have to be compliant if just a finger is shook at her by the court.

Did she have to pay your attorney fees?

Next time, consider asking the court to levy a bond against her.  She puts up a bond, like $2500 and when she deviates from the court order, she loses her money.

Good luck, I hope it's the end of it for you.

mudbunnies

we did ask for a bond in our motion
it was not addressed in court

joni

it doesn't sound like your atty is very aggressive.  we had a similar experience with our first atty, he didn't want to push or rock the boat.

keep this in mind for the next time, and I fear there will be a next time for you, DEMAND for this PBFH to have to pay your atty fees and levy a bond against her.  

unless she has to dig deep into her own pocket, she's never going to straighten up and fly right.  she has no incentive.  she needs to be spanked, not have a finger shook at her.

Louisiana

What is your story?  Our judge has been biased and has never found my husbands ex in contempt for anything. Purgery, whats that?  What happened and how did you make a change occur?  My husbands children have not spent one night in his home since seperation even with joint custody.
Congratulations to you!

wendl

Mud,

Sorry my internet has been down.  That is a great step.

Sounds like things are slowing working in the right direction.

Hugs

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**