Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 06:56:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Mother Moved away with my Daughter!!

Started by Asergea, Nov 27, 2004, 03:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asergea

Hello All,
I'm Hoping that someone can give me hope in all this mess I'm in.
On July 3rd this year My Ex girlfriend gave birth to a Beautiful Baby girl.

We had split up about a week before she knew she was pregnant, Which is fine since we parted amicably and were still friends. I helped with paying Dr's bills and shared the cost of Baby's clothes and Items needed.

Since then I started dating a Girl whom the Ex Girlfriend took a dislike too. and because of her "Gut Feeling" about my Girlfriend She refused to let me have my daughter Unsupervised. so for about a month and a half I would have to go to her place to see my daughter.

She then moved to Nebraska (We're in Kansas) to live with her Mom for 'What She said' was a month and then to move back to Kansas.

That was 3 months ago and I havent heard much since then, Basically she emptied her storage and now it seems like she is going to perminantly live in Nebraska (Though she said she is still trying to move back to Kansas)

I spoke to a lawyer about "Unsupervised visits" and was given Legal aid to fight for Joint custody.

I thought "leave it to a Judge to decied" as our personal aggreement was out of the question.

So I paid all I had to the Legal aid and talked to a Lawyer who (About a week Later) said that the judge might not even listen to the case because mother and Daughter were in Nebraska and I was in Kansas.

I don't have good Job right now and all my savings have paid for a Lawyer and a filing fee For What? "I wonder"  Just so a judge can throw it out.??
 I asked about filing in Nebraska but the lawyer said that if I do without filing in Kansas first then I am Legally Accepting the fact that The ex Girlfriend is residing in Nebraska and that I don't mind if my daughter stays there.
But I run the risk of a Judge saying that I need to file in Kansas!!

Please advise what should I do.

1. I have no Money for multiple lawyers or filings.. I have a one chance shot at this.
2. The baby was concieved and born in my home town, in Kansas and moved to Nebraska about 1 1/5 months after.
3. She is not a Special Needs baby, not breast fed or anything.
4. I'm Paying voluntary Child support (Above what is recommended)
5. I'm scared.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

MYSONSDAD

If I am reading this correctly, your attorney should have filed immediately for visitation on your behalf. The more time you put on this, the harder it will be.

I would also have 'child support' on all money sent to her. If not, it will look like a gift.

Better get on this now and start documenting everything that is going on. Start reading the articles here. Go into search and find the different articles that would relate to your situation. I would also look at your State Statues for further information. The more you can educate yourself, the better you will be.

TGB links has articles and information on your State.

You have a one shot chance, get busy, follow the paper trail and do what you have to do. Phone records, doctor reports, receipts and so on...

"Children learn what they live"