Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 03:21:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Child Focussed Parenting Plan

Started by Scupper, Dec 18, 2004, 12:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scupper

I am hoping this is the right forum

When looking at writing a parenting plan what main point(s) should be thought of to have it more focussed on the childrens needs instead of the parents wants?

This is CP/NCP visitation views

Parents live 1 hour from each other, NCP lives 1 hour from school.
Children are between 9 and 12.

wendl

Really depends on how well mom and dad get along.

My dh lives 1 hr from his kids, he used to get 3 weekends a month, evey other memorial weekend, 4th of july, labor day, spring break, split summer and mid winter breaks, thanksgiving, easter and split xmas one year mom would have kids from day after school gets out til xmas eve then dad from xmas eve til the day before school started, then it switched the next year.

Kids need both parents and should in my opinion be with the parents equal time unless they cannot due to distance.

An hr apart isnt that far, my dh and his ex are to meet at a specific 1/2 way point at specific times that way each parent is only driving 1hr instead of one parent driving 2. OR you can pick up kids from her house at the beginning of your time and when your time ends mom can come pick up the kids from your house.

Also since the kids are older what my dad used to let me do is have a friend spend the night once a week that way I still had my social life but still was able to spend time with him.

Hope this helps a little.

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**